Elastix 2.0.3 trunk loses connection to Sip Server

husaints

Hi,

Have Elastix 2.0.3 setup at a client location with 40 users. Issue is the following:

Setup:
- SIP Trunk configured on Elastix to VoipProvider's "SIPSERVER A".
- Second SIP Trunk configured on Elastix to "VOXALOT"
- Elastix connected to a router where 1MB Leased Circuit from "ISP A" terminates on WAN side.
- Independent IPPhone configured with separate account to the same SIP server "SIP SERVER A" through the same router and "ISP A"

Issue is:
- out of the blue Elastix loses connectivity to "SIP SERVER A". Shows "Unreachable" and "Request Sent", no calls can be made, while VOXALOT stays connected.
- Also the IPPhone connected to the same SIPSERVER independently stays connected and calls can be made.
- Can ping the SIPSERVER A from behind the same router/ISP, results positive. Tracert is positive too. But Elastix wont register.
- No firewall on the router to block anything. Elastix is on DMZ. No blocking from ISP too. Else IPPHONE should also be affected
- Rebooting elastix or the ISP router/equipment has no result, still remains unreachable.
- Connecting Elastix to another broadband connection from another ISP the SIPSERVER A comes online immediately. Connecting it back to ISP A, SIPSERVER goes unreachable, but Voxalot remains connected. The IPphone to the same SIPserver also remains connected with ISP A.
- "SIPSERVER A" remains unreachable on Elastix for around 60 mins or so and comes up automatically. We are not sure what fixed it. This has happened 2 times now in a month just out of the blue.
- Have Elastix 1.6.2 at other locations connecting to the same ISP A and SIP SERVER A with no issues relating to this up to date.

We are baffled at this problem and unable to find a solution. At first we though ti could be the ISP, but the IPPhone connects to the SIP Server just fine. hence it has to be the Elastix 2.0.3 acting up, blocking connection to SIPSERVER A through ISP A only for some duration, but becomes ok after a while. But conencting to another broadband conencts fine! Maybe a cache or similar issue? Dont know! :(

Would appreciate any input form you guys in solving this problem. Could this be a major bug in Elastix 2.0.3?

Rgds,
H

jgutierrez

I might think that it is a related issue with your firewall/router that is blocking inbound/outbound traffic.
In order to be sure, execute the following command:
tcpdump host remote_ip_address and port 5060
It will reveal you how SIP traffic is beign done, and you will notice that when you get one way, it is because it is no longer working, this way you may debug on your network devices.

husaints

This is what I get when I put the command:

tcpdump host 123.123.123.123 and port 5060
(Not the real IP address)

listening on eth0, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size 96 bytes
13:28:08.342088 IP Asterisk.sip > sip.sipserver.com.sip: SIP, length: 502
13:28:08.626632 IP sip.sipserver.com.sip > Asterisk.sip: SIP, length: 264
13:28:09.222080 IP Asterisk.sip > sip.sipserver.com.sip: SIP, length: 516
13:28:09.516244 IP sip.sipserver.com.sip > Asterisk.sip: SIP, length: 271
13:28:21.252476 IP Asterisk.sip > sip.sipserver.com.sip: SIP, length: 619

What does this tell?

Right now it is connecting fine and calls are going through. But I am assuming this needs to be done when the connection is lost..

jgutierrez

lol
That was what I meant on the previous post.
Right now you see traffic on both ways, that means that it is working.
When you have the issue execute the same command and it will reveal you what is the direction where it is not working

husaints

Great! thanks for that.

Just curious, when I execute that on different elastix servers, I get a different elastix server name: e.g:

Elastix Server1 I got -
13:28:09.516244 IP sip.sipserver.com.sip > Asterisk.sip: SIP, length: 271

Elastix Server2 I got -
13:28:09.516244 IP sip.sipserver.com.sip > PBX.sip: SIP, length: 271

Elastix Server3 I got -
13:28:09.516244 IP sip.sipserver.com.sip > SERVER.sip: SIP, length: 271

Why are there 3 different names for the same flavor of elastix: Asterisk, PBX and SERVER. Where are these names stored and how can we change them?

Rgds,
H

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colak