Elastix 2.0.1 Released

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by rafael, Aug 9, 2010.

1. rafael

After the Released of Elastix 2.0.0.1 we decided to make a minor released to fix some bugs and some minor improvements.. Here is the list of the changes in this version:
    - Improvements and bug fixes in the Addon module
    - Gramar errors in the English translation in the dashboard
    - Removed popup message in Elastix Operator Panel
    - Fixed issues with Channel Usage report
    - Fixed issues with Graphic Report
    - Contextual help updated
    - Look and Feel changes in the Calendar module

You can downlod both 32 bits and 64 bits ISOs. Read the complete changelog here.

2. antonismor

Did this version supporting mISDN because i cant configure the b100p openvox in the elastix 2.0 without misdn or tell me how to configure without misdn please

3. serralta

How to update?
    Thanks

4. husaints

Re:Elastix 2.0.1 Released - VoipProvider Page Prob

Hi,

How do we update?

Also I accidentally added one of the voip providers from the "Voip Provider" page and there is no way we can see the added provider in the Trunks page nor the flash panel. You can only know through asterisk info.

And since it was a mistake I need to delete the provider, but since there is no record in trunks no the sip conf files I am unable to delete it.

How do we delete the voip provider we add using the "Voip Provider" Page?

Thanks,

5. rafael

6. gregorywest

Um having a problem here! When I try to install elastix I boot the 32bit CD that I just downloaded and made. I get past the first two questions. Then I get stuck with elastix saying "The Elastix CD was not found in any of your CDROM drives. Please instert the Elastix CD and press OK to retry."

When I press OK it just does the same thing over and over again.

How do I get past this?

Greg

7. leoman70

Try to download a new iso then burn it in a much slower speed then try installing again.

8. gregorywest

I tried downloading and burning on another computer. Did not try a slower speed burn. Can do that next. So far 2 CD's same problem.. Odd

9. rafael

can you try on another machine or virtual machine to see if the problem is the cd or the hardware compatibility.

REgards,

Rafael

10. garrywadams

I'm one of the lucky few who jumped on the 2.0 right when it came out. We happened to be in the middle of a PBX refresh so I was excited to try out the new version. What is the process to update to 2.0.1?

Thanks!

11. aboferas

12. garrywadams

Beuler?

Beuler....?

Anyone?

13. albatroz

I am planning to install a new Asterisk box for my office replacing
    an old in a PBX in a flash installation.

Would you recommend me install the newest 2.0 Elastix version or stick with the 1.6
    one.

14. garrywadams

For the most part I've been very happy with 2.0. There is one issue that I hope they address with an update. For some reason Elastix has problems using more than 1 or 2 IP routed trunks in 2.0. We have more than one carrier that both prefer IP routed trunks (rather than trunks that use registration) and it is causing us some grief. For the time being I have to set one of them up using registration until Elastix gets the bug fixed. Other than that it has been a solid platform. The new features and integrations are great, and the module support should be a big deal once developers start writing to it. We'll be sticking with Elastix 2 for now.

15. rafael

Re: Re:Elastix 2.0.1 Released

garrywadams, please report the bug in the bug track syste:
    http://bugs.elastix.org

It is the best way to solve bugs.

Regards,

rafael

16. rnrover

Read page 222 in Elastic without tears about updating

17. garrywadams

I ran the update process as detailed on page 222 of Elastix without Tears and my PBX is still showing version 2.0.0 for everything. It doesn't appear that anything was updated to 2.0.1. I have also updated FreePBX to version 2.8, but Elastix still thinks it is on version 2.7. [​IMG]

18. rnrover

I believe you have the updated one. Mine shows the same. There is not a 2.0.1 download, so I think this thread meant to say 2.0.0.1. Now we are up to 2.0.0.42, so we have another 58 changes before we actually get to 2.0.1.

Also I have been burned before on upgrades, so I am going to wait a while, unless I have a problem with this version, to upgrade again. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

(OK I just checked the downloads and there is a version when you select download that says 2.0.2 so now I am confused also.)

19. garrywadams

Yes, I was pretty sure there was a more recent download than the 2.0.0. Still no word on how to upgrade from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 or 2.0.2.

20. trymes

The devs seem to be unwilling to clarify the relation between 2.0.2 and 2.0.0 release 42. To be honest, though, I am fairly certain that the ISO is 2.0.2, but that you have the latest if you run yum update. In other words, the two versions are the same. Why nobody is willing to come out and confirm this I do not know.

As for updating to FreePBX 2.8, using the module admin in FreePBX to upgrade will always cause problems, as the RPM system and Elastix will have no way of knowing that you upgraded. You are also likely to break the embedded FreePBX with a version upgrade through module admin, not to mention you risk having a later update via yum actually downgrade your FreePBX install.

In other words, you need to be careful doing that.

Tom