Elastix 1.6 to 2 Upgrade

Discussion in 'General' started by dmanghani, Jan 21, 2010.

1. dmanghani

The new elastix 2.00 is in iso how does a elastix 1.6 user upgrade?

2. dicko

Carefully, and only if necessarily. If it works, don't FWI

3. dmanghani

how does one upgarde carefully! B)
    a hint would be appreciated

4. dicko

Again I ask, "Why do you want to upgrade, does the current system not work?"

If you are a "dyed in the wool" up-grader, then just do the upgrade and please note your problems and report them back as a beta tester, a beta is for experimenting with, so experiment, if it's production, then, well, just don't do it. If you want other beta testers to tell you what to do, then I suggest you miss the point of beta testing, nobody will do that. that is your job, just do it and report and share YOUR experience, on the beta testers list with your peers .

dicko

5. Kalama Sutra

dmanghani & dicko,

Interesting little feature in e.v.2.x.xx ... FreeBBX === Tools / Asterisk IAX Settings .... video support ....

Hum ? might have to drop my xxxxx account .... video phone carrier out of Rochester NY

Jim

6. rafael

Elastix 2.0 is not out yet. We would still give support and security fixes for 1.6, but not new functionallities. It would take a while before there is an upgrade path from 1.6 to 2.0.

regards,

rafael

7. yesmat

Rafael - when do you think Elastix 2.0 will be out?

8. rafael

yesterday was release the RC2. It still has some bugs, so I think we are going to have a new RC. Hope we have Elastix 2.0 as soon as possible.

regards,

rafael

9. balvarez

Hello Karma,

Does the 2.0 will include the lates SugarCRM version?

Where I can read the news about this version?

Best,

10. donhwyo

Sorry to disappoint you but I believe sugar is being removed because it is no longer open source enough. Can't find the change log but the download is here.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/elastix/files/

You can always do a manual install yourself.You will probably be more up to date that way anyway.

Don

11. accesip

Hi,
    I've tried to follow Dicko instructions to upgrade from 1.6 to 2.0, but now I get this error:

Error: The module modules/pbxadmin/index.php could not be found

The ssl-error log says

[Fri Nov 26 23:11:57 2010] [error] [client 192.168.1.80] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: skip_astman in /var/www/html/admin/header.php on line 117, referer: https://192.168.1.7/index.php?menu=hardware_detection
    [Fri Nov 26 23:11:57 2010] [error] [client 192.168.1.80] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: htmlFPBX in /var/www/html/modules/pbxadmin/index.php on line 482, referer: https://192.168.1.7/index.php?menu=hardware_detection
    [Fri Nov 26 23:11:57 2010] [error] [client 192.168.1.80] File does not exist: /var/www/html/modules/pbxadmin/js/script.legacy.js, referer: https://192.168.1.7/index.php?menu=pbxconfig

does somebody have an idea?

Brice http://forum.elastix.org/old_files/elastixv200.gz

12. dicko

I do not believe I have ever posted any " . . .instructions to upgrade from 1.6 to 2.0 . . "

13. accesip

14. dicko

That was a post I made to the Beta list and purely for the consumption of the Beta Testers, please understand the difference in the assumed level of competency between those here and those there. It worked for me back in the days of elastix-firstboot-2.0.0-6.noarch.rpm, this has long changed, They were never "instructions" if you want to do beta stuff then wait for the next release as Elastix 2.0 is now released, so officially the beta-list is dormant.

There is no known working "script" as yet to do such update. If you want to dig deep in the very old beta code, then please do so, but don't expect too much support here. You are better advised to investigate the lastest firtsboot script and be VERY familiar with how Elastix/FreePBX work both together and more so lately, against each other. Also how the yum repositories work (and change as to what happens with time.)

Please everyone stay within your "comfort zone" or some-one will follow my latest advice to "rm -rf /"

dicko