Elastix 1.6, inbound calls working but no outbound

Discussion in 'General' started by nacheeze, Aug 18, 2010.

1. nacheeze

Hi Guys

I need you serious help on an outbound call issue. I have a new 1.6 version installed about a week ago which stopped making outbound calls on 3 of the 7 phones. I rebooted, re-provisioned all the phones and now I have lost all ability to make outbound calls. Inbound calls work fine. I am using the Rhino 8 port FXO card.

my outbound dial plan:
    1800NXXXXXX
    1866NXXXXXX
    1877NXXXXXX
    1888NXXXXXX
    1NXXNXXXXXX
    NXXXXXX
    NXXXXXXXXX

This plan works on 3 other locations without a hitch. I am using Aastra 57i phones.

PLEASE help and suggest something. I really need to get outbound calling working in my office.

Thank you.

2. dicko

The outbound route must be sent to a trunk (or preferably, a set of trunks) that can support such a route, each and every phone that must make outbound calls must be registered with the server and in a context that so allows such calls, you did not post wheteher the extensions are registered, nor which trunk(s) you send the route to, the way you provisioned such trunks, and particularly whether the trunk actually works, unfortunately we are not good at mind-reading here .

3. nacheeze

Hi Dicko

Thank you for your kind reply. Sorry I did not mention about the trunks but I thought that would be evident from the fact that I am getting inbound calls. All my phones are registered with the server. My trucks are 4 comcast POTS lines. I can call in on all of my phone numbers and get the IVR and then punch in any of the extensions and get transferred to that phone. So I know my phones are registered.

I really don't think its a trunk or dial plan issue. I have the had the same problem in the past and have posted about it in this forum but never been able to figure it out. Also, these phones were working fine till about yesterday morning.

I have a question on End Point Manager. Do I need to set my phones to extensions in the elastix end point manager? I have not done that in this installation. My issue is that when if I set my phones in the end point manager, my phones after a restart loose their xml menues. I have posted about that here.

As I have posted in the past, I am willing to pay if someone is able to help me fix this issue. I have not been able to get much help with elastix's paid support people. The last person who provided me support told me that aastra phones weren't fully compatible with elastix.

Anyway, would really appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks
    mk