Elastix 1.6, Huawei 3g and sebi (odicha)

Discussion in 'General' started by JoseVelasco, Nov 21, 2009.

1. JoseVelasco

I have seen the new Elatix 1.6 comes with huawei 3g support by sebi (odicha). I have installed Elastix 1.6 to test this feature, but I do not see chan_sebi installed.

Anyone has tested this feature with Elastix 1.6? or where can I find any documentation about this?

Ciao

2. JoseVelasco

well, I have sebi working in Elastix 1.6, but only the outgoing calls work, the incoming does not work, the CLI does not show anything about incoming, I will try tomorrow more!

Ciao.

3. leevancleef

4. dondisperato

hello... i have the same problem... after the 1.6 installation , i don't see the odicha chan_sebi.. what i need ? i need to recompile the asterisk source? hardware detection?

5. alwayson

Hi , perhaps you have to set chan manualy explicit?, SDS

6. alwayson

7. leevancleef

Hi dondisperato

You need to give more details.
    What have you done an update? a fresh install? 32 or 64 bits?
    Was your modem plugged during the process?

regards

8. dondisperato

i plug in an e190 or k3715 ... in windows i'm able to call or receive with full audio support...

in 2 installation in virtual machine and on an atom pc, i'm not able to see the chan_sebi installed, but after install chan_mobile... magically i can able to make "sebi show devices" in asterisk consolle.....

i don't know the reason.... but now it is working... the only problem now is the audio...

i can make and receive calls, but no audio ...

can anyone help me?

tnx

9. JoseVelasco

I have tested in a VMWare with Elastix 1.6 and I had the same problem to you, after install chan_mobile I could to use chan_sebi, the calls work but without audio.

Ciao.

10. leevancleef

Hi dondisperato

I'm sorry but I can't help you here. Your setup is quite different than mine.
    I'm using a k3520 on a real machine pentium 4, not virtual. I'm not using virtual machines since a couple of years I don'thave enough experience, but as I remember usb support was kind of tricky then.

I suggest you to read Odicha's webpage, He's quite helpful and has answered many people's question,many of them in english. Perhaps you need a different firmware, who knows..

Good luck

11. ramoncio

Most audio problems are firmware related. I think Huawei's guys have changed something in the latest one or two firmwares that breaks audio, and the main problem is that you can't downgrade your firmware version. Maybe somebody has managed to downgrade, this would be great.

dondisperato, also make sure your models have audio support, they might not.
    AFAIK audio calls only work with K3520 and E169, but not with latest firmwares.
    The rest of the models just have sms support.

12. dondisperato

hello... thanks for all...

i have the k 3715, with the last firmware... i'm able to make phone calls in windows ... but no calls il linux.. i search for a firmware downgrade or other tricks....

13. JoseVelasco

I used k3250 with the firmware suggested me odicha, but I tested with vmware image. I talked with odicha this morning about the problem in virtual machine and he asked for the full asterisk log to analyze, he told me now he is too busy but in two weeks he will try to find the problem.

Ciao

14. dondisperato

i have the same problem in virtual machine, or in the single installation on an atom pc: "THE NO AUDIO" , for the installation problem and the chan_sebi autostart in asterisk i download chan_mobile from the elastix repository and magically chan_sebi appear...

now i try to find a e169 with old firmware for other test

15. JoseVelasco

Good news from odicha, odicha will be official asterisk developer!!

I suppose that sebi (chan_sebi) and dahdi bri (odi-dahdi) will be in future dahdi releases.

Ciao.

16. JoseVelasco

I have received an email from Odicha about the problem with chan_sebi and VMware. He told me that he believe that the chan_sebi version implemented in elastix 1.6 is not the last developed by him and with new huawei firmwares does not work properly, because it try to open the audio before hang up the call.

Ciao.

17. alwayson

18. leevancleef

Hello

I have a weird problem using chan_sebi. Calls last for 3 minutes more or less and they are finished up suddenly.
    This is relevant the CLI log:

== Manager 'admin' logged on from 127.0.0.1
    -- Executing [h@macro-dial:1] Macro("Sebi/huawei1-deb4", "hangupcall") in new stack
    -- Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:1] GotoIf("Sebi/huawei1-deb4", "1?skiprg") in new stack
    -- Goto (macro-hangupcall,s,4)
    -- Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:4] GotoIf("Sebi/huawei1-deb4", "0?skipblkvm") in new stack
    -- Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:5] NoOp("Sebi/huawei1-deb4", "Cleaning Up Block VM Flag: BLKVM/600/Sebi/huawei1-deb4") in new stack
    -- Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:6] DBdel("Sebi/huawei1-deb4", "BLKVM/600/Sebi/huawei1-deb4") in new stack
    -- DBdel: family=BLKVM, key=600/Sebi/huawei1-deb4
    -- DBdel: Error deleting key from database.
    -- Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:7] GotoIf("Sebi/huawei1-deb4", "1?theend") in new stack
    -- Goto (macro-hangupcall,s,9)
    -- Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:9] Hangup("Sebi/huawei1-deb4", "") in new stack
    == Spawn extension (macro-hangupcall, s, 9) exited non-zero on 'Sebi/huawei1-deb4' in macro 'hangupcall'
    == Spawn h extension (macro-dial, h, 1) exited non-zero on 'Sebi/huawei1-deb4'
    == Manager 'admin' logged off from 127.0.0.1
    == Spawn extension (macro-dial, s, 38) exited non-zero on 'Sebi/huawei1-deb4' in macro 'dial'
    == Spawn extension (ext-group, 600, 13) exited non-zero on 'Sebi/huawei1-deb4'

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

19. JoseVelasco

I told that I talked with Odicha, he told me the chan_sebi included in Elastix 1.6 is old and it has problems with moderm firmwares.

The firmware 11.314.12.31.00 is tested with chan_sebi included in Elastix 1.6, but modern firmware will not work properly.

The firmware 11.314.21.31.00 is tested with most recent chan_sebi, but it is not included in Elastix 1.6. I have compiled in a debian machine with i686 environment. I have tested this chan_sebi in Elastix 1.6 with good results, and I have modified the code a few to include more info, about firmware, vendor and model of huawei hardware.

I have upload the two versions in my web, feel free to test the two version.

Original: Last recent odicha version:
    http://www.josevelasco.org/chan_sebi/od ... an_sebi.so

Modified: Based in last odicha version:
    http://www.josevelasco.org/chan_sebi/ve ... an_sebi.so

I have tested the two versions in VMWare 1.0 without luck, but in real Elastix 1.6 machine the two versions work fine.

Ciao guys!

20. leevancleef

Hello José

Thanks a lot for sharing your work. I think I'm going to test your chan_sebi.so
    I guess that I just have to replace /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_sebi.so with yours, isn't it?
    How can we see the new features you have added? sebi show devices or something?

I will tell you if this corrects my problem, because in fact I'm not sure wich chan_sebi am I using right now.
    To install Odicha's asterisk addons from the svn Asterisk-RSP repo, I uninstalled elastix 1.6 asterisk addons before.
    But it got reinstalled during a yum update, I didn't realize stupid me. As you see my setup is a quite a mess.

I think I have problems with weak signal. Would be nice if you or someone write a signal monitor.

Regards, Salud. :)