Elastix 1.6 Dahdi Noise AEX800 card problem

Discussion in 'Gateways' started by briankelly63, Nov 5, 2009.

1. briankelly63

Loaded up 1.6 just for testing today.. Set up 1 analog trunk 2 ext 1 outgoing route. When using the Digium AEX800 4FXO 4FXS card there is a raspy connect to the trunk after dialing... reminded me of an old mechanical pbx. Also low incoming volume.

Went back to 1.5.2 clean install with same configuration and problem went away...

Update: same problem will also show up if I do a 1.5.2 install and then do a yum update on everything... so, some component of the upgrade or compile process is causing this.

Update2: The test call mentioned above is from an FXS port to an FXO port on the card. The CLI trace shows the connection is via Native Bridging, so I'm looking into that and seeing if that is the same in 1.5.2

Update3: Native Bridging is the same... So, in 1.5.2 the Native Bridge functions as it should and quietly joins the extension to the trunk. After a yum update of the system OR when using 1.6 it bridges but produces a loud noise when doing so.

Update 4: Setup latest stable version of AsteriskNow from digium site for testing... worked fine BUT after doing a yum update the same exact problem showed up... So, there must be an issue with one of the libraries or pieces of code involved with that yum update and it cuts across distributions...

2. briankelly63

UPDATE:Elastix 1.6 Dahdi Noise AEX800 card problem

This appears to be a DAHDI (2.2.0.2+2.2.0)issue based on my testing... I've submitted a case to Digium. The noise only shows up if the outgoing call is from an analog port on the card (AEX800) to a CO line on the same card...

brian