Elastix 1.5 beta 1

Discussion in 'General' started by Rolf, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Rolf

I found on sourseforge.net Elastix 1.5 beta 1 package. But there is no information about new version's changes. Eny ideas?

2. Bob

Bob

Rolf,

I suspect that there will be an announcement shortly from one of the Palosanto guys. To the best of my knowledge the ISO has only just gone up online (in the last few hours).

I don't want to steal their thunder on the announcement, and even though I enjoy cutting edge and run some beta's in production, this one is very much "not for production" due to some low level changes.

Regards
    Bob

3. Bob

Bob

BTW,

When they make the announcement, I very much support the move they have made.

Being close to the Beta releases and testing, I couldn't have thought of a better move and better timing.

Regards

Bob

4. rafael

Hi Rof,

There is a beta of Elastix 1.5 in sf.net and it has only be announced in the Elastix beta testers mailing list at this moment. There is not going to be Elastix 1.4 because of several problems with zaptel and we are going to move to dahdi. We would have a better release of 1.5 beta in this week that would be announced in this forum.

If you want to be testing the latest version of Elastix, we welcome you to participate in our beta-testers mailing list.

Best regards,

Rafael

5. Chilling_Silence

I agree with Bob,

I didnt post this on the beta-list, but I think that if Elastix is to truly define itself as a quality distro, then making calls like this to delay a version release in order to fix bugs is a potentially hard call to make, but a good decision in my eyes!

6. mopasher

hi every body i'm new account in this site i configure elastix in my network
    but i've problem i want help from you!
    i've some extention started from 1001 to 1020 for examble i want to denay ext num 1005 to dial 1009 but ext num 1009 can dial any ext what can i do to solve this problem >> can any body solve this broblem

7. ElasMex

Hello Rafael

What is the news OpenR2 for E1 links?

Moses says that the driver is available.

What is needed to include it in Elastix?

Greetings and good day

8. rafael

ElasMex,

From Edgar in the beta-testers mailing list:
    So good news for all of you that use R2

Best Regards,

Rafael

9. donhwyo

I installed 1.5beta and still have sangoma issues with a200 card. Hardware detection page cant check sangoma and does not find hardware. I attached a text file with the output and I can provide others if requested. Also recordings has the same ari message and the php memory limit is too low.

Thanks,
    Don http://forum.elastix.org/old_files/1.txt

10. haamed

and what a bout another stuff, is there any list of changes in 1.5 b.
    the different between 1.4 & 1.5 is just zaptel ? :huh:

11. Bob

Bob

To Quote Edgar on the 1.5beta2

"- Call pickup problem as reported by Fernando
    - FOP did not work with DAHDI
    - Broken OSLEC support is now fixed
    - Added openlibR2 in replacement to the broken unicall/libmfcR2 support
    - Fixed problem with Rhino cards
    "
    Otherwise the 1.5 contains the changes that were implemented up until 1.4rc. 1.5 also implements 1.4.23 Asterisk and implements native DAHDI to replace ZAPTEL (instead of running compatibility mode).

As I noted in the previous post, unlike many of the betas in the past (which many started running in production - including me), this one is a major change with a potential to really be broken (as you can see from the list above - some major faults).

Even after the base is sorted out, then there is the potential that third party applications will need to be checked and rechecked as this is a reasonable shakeup of some of the lower level functionality of the Elastix/Asterisk system.

Regards

Bob