Elastix 1.5 64bit r8168 issue

Discussion in 'General' started by martinparks, Mar 30, 2009.

1. martinparks

I tried the 64bit version and had some problems, I have always had driver issues because of the cards I have so I am fine with having to installing the drives after Elastix is done.

Today on the 64bit version I am having some odd problems below is my normal install proccess and it has always worked

cd /usr/src
    tar vjxf r8168-8.005.00.tar.bz2 or r8168-8.011.00.tar.bz2 (the more updated version for 64bit)
    cd r8168-8.011.00
    make install
    depmod -a
    insmod ./src/r8168.ko
    ifconfig -a (to make sure all went ok)
    service network restart

This always works.

Now after installing Elastix 64bit, all goes ok up to network restart or reboot. The module driver always disappears and the network card can not be found.

I can rmmod and start again and I can see the card and configure it until I restart the network or reboot, then it is gone again.

It works on the 32bit version but not 64bit

Any Ideas or help ?

2. rafael

Hi Martinparks,

It might be a bug in the 64 bits version. The best way to help you and to help the communiy is to report this as bug in our bug track system. That way developers would be aware of the issue and would work to resolve it.

http://bugs.elastix.org

Best Regards,

Rafael

3. martinparks

Thanks Rafael, will do.

I did a fresh install this morning of the 32bit version of 1.5 and it found my card without the need to manual install the drivers. Before 1.5 a manual driver install was always needed, so seems to be an issue with the 64bit version.

I will post to the bug tracker

4. rafael

Thanks a lot we really appreciate the bug reporting.

Regards,

Rafael