elastix 1.5 / 2 NIC / internet getaway

nitrox

Hi.
I installed elastix on computer with 2 NICs, cause i would like to use this computer for internet getaway.
I configured both NICs in CLI manualy with "setup". Then i log-in on elastix through web to check system/network setting, but there is only eth0 displayed. So, my question is, can i use this same computer for elastix and for internet getaway, and how to configure it?
I checked "elastix without tears" and latest forum posts, but i did not find any useful info. Pls help.

Best regards

dicko

Technically you just need ip forwarding (masquerading) enabled (on the WAN facing interface) , but it that is your plan, then I suggest you might try starting here:-

http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/wiki ... g_iptables

for reasons of security, explanation and completeness.

ramoncio

You could also try a firewall distro, as pfsense, ipcop, untangle, etc, inside a Xen/Virtualbox VM. Configuration would be easier, but you would learn more if you used iptables with ip forwarding.

nitrox

thanks dicko and ramoncio. Dicko you point me in the right directon i belive. Ramoncio, i have tried monowall and pfsense, but in this case i need this PC for internet getaway and for elastix, to lower my expences. Budget is always a problem :)
Thank you both.
Best regards.

dicko

A fellow minimalist, nitrox!, when you've got it working you need to add QOS/TOS to ip-tables for best effect in your scenario.

However Ramon's solution is a much easier environment to do that in for many. (choose your pain level)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti