Elastix 1.4 Beta ready for Download

rafael

Elastix 1.4 Beta is available for download. This release is for testing only, it is not for production use.

The main changes on this releases is that it is base on CentOS 5.2 with kernel 2.6.18-92.1.17.el5 and it also update new packages such as freepbx, misdn among other improvements.

Changelog:

- New avantfax module in extra repositories
- New text to speech module (Early stage)
- New report by trunks
- New report by queue
- Web Interface so that users can administrate their voice mail
- Kernel update to CentOS 5.2 version (2.6.18-92.1.17.el5)
- Hardware detector supports for misdn
- Free PBX updated to 2.5.1
- Enable wake extension in dialplan
- Asterisk log: include filter by string
- Dialer now supports sip trunks
- Endpoint configuration: update atcom.cfg.php
- Misdn updated to 1.1.8

Help is needed testing updates, at the moment we have problems with freepbx after an update. So enable the beta repos and help us test the upgrade process

Regards,

Rafael

JoseVelasco

Wow Rafael!! Great news!!!

I was hoping news about the next version of Elastix!

I see many features interesting for me and for many people in Spain, where ISDN is used. I see mISDN hardware detector, mISDN updated to 1.1.8 and kernel update.

Thanks Rafel for this great news, and thanks to the all developers from Elastix Team.

Ciao.:woohoo:

danardf

It's a good news.

I try it. :)

Bob

Rafael,

Have installed 1.4-1 Beta on a machine with TDM400. Installation ok with no errors
Comment: Like the clean interface of the hardware detection. Detected TDM400 ok.

Looked at Freepbx 2.5.1.0
Freepbx changed my php setting immediately to 100Mb from 16Mb (automatic)
Comment: Good .... having seen this issue before where 16Mb was not enough.

Performed Module upgrade
Comment: All looked good - no errors reported by upgrade process
Performed Module Install (for modules not installed by default)
Comment: No errors reported by install process

Checked Freepbx System Status - All clear...no errors to report

Will continue testing, but everything works as per 1.3-2 Elastix
Except Checked FOP - aghast!!! - FOP is showing up ZAPTEL trunks....:woohoo:

Performed YUM update - looks good - no errors

Comment: Good - Elastix now using Zaptel 1.4.12.1 (should correct a few recent wctdm24xxp detection issues)

All system config was rebuilt by hand via unembedded Freepbx, however, as a test also added one extension via Embedded Freepbx. Extension added successfully with no errors and extension working, confirmed it was visible via Unembedded Freepbx without any errors.

Only one minor comment on the Embedded Freepbx, the small icons are not showing up next to Delete Extension and Add Follow Me which are https://elastixsystem/images/user_add.png & https://elastixsystem/images/user_delete.png. Note this is extremely minor.

On the whole, so far, one of the best and smoothest installs, and thats not bad for a beta. If the only error to report is a couple of icons missing, then there is not too much to worry about. Based on this install I have moved this PBX into production use for the time being to put under further test.

Regards

Bob

Bob

Using 1.4-1 Beta
As part of the process of moving completely away from the command line to complete Elastix systems,
Decided to use the packages update interface to enable the Elastix-Extras repository and then install AvantFax.

Enabled the repository, then found Avantfax to install.
Commenced install, and got the hour glass. However it sat there for over 15 mins, and I finally decided that it had failed. Could not access Elastix GUI again, and also freepbx GUI also was unresponsive.

Had to reboot Elastix, and on checking packages, it said it was loaded.

Just reporting this, in case others come across it as well. The message is not about avantfax, but the packages update system.

Regards

Bob

saleh

Hi Bob,

The small icons, you can copy it from /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/images
# cp /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/images/* /var/www/html/images

chocho

Hi Saleh,

Thanks for the tips. If I can add something about this images:

Code:
cp /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/images/* /var/www/html/images
Code:
cp /var/www/html/admin/modules/daynight/images/* /var/www/html/images
Code:
cp /var/www/html/admin/modules/ivr/images/* /var/www/html/images
Code:
cp /var/www/html/admin/modules/timeconditions/images/* /var/www/html/images
Code:
cp /var/www/html/admin/modules/recordings/images/* /var/www/html/images
Also I want to confirm issue with installing package from GUI described by Bob.

Bob

Re:Elastix 1.4 Beta ready for Download - ISSUE!

STOP THE PRESS!!! (Unconfirmed)

There is a major issue with the 1.4.1 Beta. After performing more tests, it appears that there is a problem with the TDM400 card. Now fair enough, these cards are becoming End of Life, but there are literally thousands and thousands of them out there. Add that to the number of clones out there which will also suffer the same issue.

Issue: The TDM400 shows up as configured, Zap show channels and Dahdi show channels shows the channels configured. Everything looks normal. Incoming calls work perfectly, but outgoing calls fail with the following message:
app_dial.c: Unable to create channel of type 'ZAP' (cause 0 - Unknown)

Resolution: None known yet

Further Info: It appears that this is not an Elastix issue with PIAF also showing similar problems
http://www.pbxinaflash.com/forum/showth ... 417&page=5. They submitted a Bug to Digium, but basically they blew it off, not supporting A400 cards. The fault is exactly identical to my issue, yet I have a Genuine Digium TDM400 card.

If anyone has a digium TDM400 and can test with 1.4.1Beta, it would be appreciated to turn this report into a confirmed report. If you have found that your TDM400 works, likewise love to hear from you.

The TDM400 that I am using is a working card, as is the machine that it is in. It was previously running 1.3-2 only several hours before, so we are not talking about hardware failure.

The most likely causes are
1) Elastix has introduced a bug in the Asterisk build. Note that since all the Zaptel stuff works, it is more than likely to be in the Asterisk application, not the zaptel.

2) Digium have not tested the Asterisk code with TDM400 cards.

3) Digium choosing to not support the TDM400 due to end-of-life.

4) The only other think I can think off is that I note that the Asterisk version being reported in the 1.4.1beta is 1.4.22rc5. I note that there is a later release in the Elastix repository and that there may be a missing link between Asterisk 1.422rc5 and the latest Zaptel. It is possible PIAF has done the same thing.

Anyhow running more tests, and possible fixes, but wanted to make sure that 1.4.1beta does not get released until this report is confirmed or debunked.

Regards

Bob

DaveD

Bob

I noticed the same issue after doing a clean install of 1.4 and TDM400 card
Calls would come in but not allow out going, so called my pstn line and sure enough call came in

Now this time calling back out from zaptel the call would proceed with no issue, it was like the zaptel driver was going to sleep.

But for the last 4 hours I have not had the issue
Also I did the clean install but didn't do the yum update, only updated freepbx modules

Bob

Dave,

I have been doing some hunting this morning and believe that it is Zaptel related. Also noticing some bug reports been reported in the last couple of days for the TDM400 on the Digium Bug Trac. In particular one relating to the channel being unavailable. Only skimming at moment, will try running back to 1.4.11 Zaptel just to confirm issue.

Shame, the release was looking absolutely solid until I noticed that my outbound calls were going out via IAX....

Regards

Bob

Bob

Just finished a regime of rollback of Zaptel back to 1.4.11 and rollforward of Asterisk 1.4.23rc1 and various combinations of each.

The same problem exists...unusual...checked the same subset of tests after each one which included Outbound & Inbound. Inbound always worked, outbound not at all.

Now going to rebuild Elastix 1.4.1beta (to clean up the mess).

Tests I am going to run are

1) Install Elastix 1.4.1beta and test without updates - same inbound and outbound tests
2) Update Freepbx modules and test
3) Perform YUM and test.

Regards
Bob

Bob

Ok Steps taken to re-confirm my report.

re-Installed 1.4.1
Performed Hardware Detection - Found TDM400P board installed
Clicked on Detect New Hardware - successfully detected and enabled TDM400p

Click on PBX Tab & Via Embedded Freepbx
Setup Trunk, Setup one extension, setup inbound route to that extension, setup outbound using single outbound via ZAP (.)
Result: Inbound & Outgoing Working

Updated Freepbx with all latest modules
Result: Inbound & Outbound working

Performed Yum update
Rebooted after completion.
Result: Inbound Working - OUTBOUND NOT WORKING!!!

So in summary, it appears that the 1.4.1beta Release is stable in relation to the TDM400

Something in the YUM Update is causing the issue. The only thing that I can see in the updates that may impact is asterisk.i386 1:1.4.22.0-6, there is no Zaptel.

Will do some more digging now to find out what is causing the issue.

Regards

Bob

bmacias

Thank you Bob,
You've done a great job, you help and your test will be taken for elastix 1.4 rc.
Regards. B)

Bob

OK after a lot more searching, still no great conclusions. (That was the original line I was writing along with another 20 lines of text which I removed as I have now found a solution/workaround)

I have narrowed down the issue and repeated it many times. When the system is rebooted. The system will not allow outgoing calls on the TDM400, until a call has come in on the TDM400. Once that first call comes in, the channel is available for outgoing calls. This would be similar to what DaveD said in that the card has gone to sleep for while. I left the system for 8 hours after a reboot, and tried again to dial out, and it could not. Rang in on the TDM400, and immediately could dial out.

However, the brain-snap I finally had while writing this message was after reading many bug reports, that one change that someone suggested was changing fxsks to fxsls in the /etc/zaptel.conf, /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf, /etc/asterisk/zapata-channels.conf.

Immediate success, calls could be made outbound after a reboot. So I switched it back, failure to call out again after a reboot. I switched back and forwards a few more times to confirm. But it definitely corrects the problem.

Now why is this needed after fxsks has worked for years, I am not sure. And there are many other people in the same boat. It is possible that this is not causing just one problem either. On my system it manifests itself as a incoming issue, others, depending on their line types, might be an issue with both incoming and outgoing - I don't know.

Anyhow the changes made are as follows

zaptel.conf
===========
change any fxsks to fxsls for all channels

zapata.conf
===========
change any signalling=fxs_ks to signalling=fxs_ls

zapata-channels.conf
====================
change any signalling=fxs_ks to signalling=fxs_ls on all TDM400 Channels

Reboot and test

you can confirm you have done it correctly by performing

CLI> dahdi show channel 4 or whatever channel you want to view. Check them all.

Which should result in the following

Channel: 4I>
File Descriptor: 10
Span: 1*CLI>
Extension: >
Dialing: no>
Context: from-zaptel
Caller ID: >
Calling TON: 0
Caller ID name:
Destroy: 0I>
InAlarm: 0I>
Signalling Type: FXS Loopstart
Radio: 0CLI>
Owner: <None>
Real: <None>
Callwait: <None>
Threeway: <None>
Confno: -1I>
Propagated Conference: -1
Real in conference: 0
DSP: no*CLI>
Relax DTMF: no
Dialing/CallwaitCAS: 0/0
Default law: ulaw
Fax Handled: no
Pulse phone: no
Echo Cancellation: 128 taps unless TDM bridged, currently OFF
Actual Confinfo: Num/0, Mode/0x0000
Actual Confmute: No
Hookstate (FXS only): Onhook

Hope this helps......

Rafael, I apologise that this ended up in this thread. You are most welcome to move it to a more appropriate thread starting from the initial bug report. This may help others who have found recent TDM400 issues.

One of the other things that need to be considered, is whether to cover this issue, especially for new Elastix users, by adding a tickbox on the hardware detect to change the default fxsks to fxsls just for TDM400 cards (and clones). Otherwise it might lose a large number of users with TDM400 and clone cards.

DaveD, can you confirm both in your current state & by doing a YUM update to see if you come up with similar results.

Regards

Bob

Bob

bmacias,

Thanks for the comments. I don't normally hang onto issues, but this has the potential to stop the 1.4.1 upgrade process, as many would not do it, knowing that it would knock out a production system.

Anyhow, it looks like we posted over the top of each other. You will see that I have found a workaround/solution for the TDM400 cards.

Best wait for confirmation from other users before we put something into Elastix to cope with it.

Regards

Bob

DaveD

Bob
Well done
I did a yum update on the box and yes after a reboot no zaptel outbound ,make a call in and zaptel comes to life

Now followed your settings for changing the signalling on zaptel and BINGO all working after reboots

Great find Bob this would have driven me mad if I had updated

Have some more karma

Bob

DaveD,

Thanks for confirming the issue and fix so quickly. Makes all the time I have put into this worthwhile and confirms that it is not a hardware fault. I now it is a bit late now, but did you test before doing a YUM update to see if a reboot stopped outgoing calls??

Bmacias, any chance we can get this issue/workaround into new 1.4.1 beta. Leave the installed scripts as default (in case this is a temporary bug from Digium), but have the option as a tick box in the Hardware detect for TDM400/A400 to change to LS instead of KS. Even if they correct the issue, this option would not be out of place as it has always been a changeable option in the config files.

As I mentioned, a large part of the Enthusiastic Elastix new users try with a TDM400 or Clone, and it would be shame to lose them and their enthusiasm.

DaveD, again thanks for the quick test and placing your system on the sword. Without starting a mutual Karma society, have upped your Karma for your quick response.

Regards

Bob

DaveD

Bob

Yes I did reboot and tested before updating and it worked fine
Applied the update and it would not work until the signaling was changed and system rebooted
Tested after reboot on outbound only and it worked

I would suggest that they could change the signaling to be fxs_ls to be default, or there is going to be some headaches for a few people

Again well done Bob

Bob

DaveD,

Thanks for that. Helps clarify where the issue begins, and I strongly suspect it is Asterisk 1.4.22-6. Versions before this appear to be ok.

The reason why I recommended to BMacias to leave the script as default is to minimise the possibility that this is not a problem with everyone, but select groups. There are enough reports from various other distributions, but not enough to say that everyone is having the problem with 1.4.22-6. Furthermore many of the others have rolled back an earlier Asterisk version and not looked at the issue any further.

Further to the reason above, is that we are both in Australia, and it could be unique to our PSTN system. I remember from the early days of Asterisk that ls and ks could be set and I could see no difference in quality or function on Australia PSTN systems, and have always left it has default.

Also as KewlStart is an extension of Loopstart to have a more solid way of handling hangup detection, it is possible that setting Loopstart, may have an impact on call hangup detection, so it might also be necessary to use the BusyDetect line (which I find good practice anyhow). However, all the hangup tests that I have done (today) by calling a the PBX from a mobile and a landline, it perfectly picked up the hangup, without resorting to the busy detect (e.g. no hangup tone was heard in the ear).

And one more point is that I mentioned that it is most likely a bug. The reasons for this are
1) a lot of work has been on the Dahdi changeover and in this particular area
2) There are a few recent Digium bug reports which relate to the TDM400
3) It works on all previous releases except for latest Asterisk 1.4.22-6

So it would be best to leave it as the default, let people have the choice.

regards

Bob

Bob

Now that we have a workaround/solution just some things to ponder on this issue with the TDM400P

1) Is it country related? (I don't think so, but the question needs to be answered)

2) The Elastix Asterisk version 1.4.22-6 (Asterisk 1.4.22rc5) is actually installed on systems with 1.3-2 (or at least part of the YUM update as of Nov 1st). The issue does not exist on these systems as far as I know. If someone has a bare 1.3-2 system that they could test with it would help confirm this. I can confirm that my system did not have this issue with 1.3-2 and the latest YUM, but looking for confirmation.

3) Having installed pure Asterisk version 1.4.23rc1, the problem still exists. Having installed pure zaptel version 1.4.12.1 the problem still exists. So it does not appear to be a result of some patch that Elastix has implemented in the Asterisk or Zaptel modules.

4) with 1.4-1, a subsequent yum update with the name asterisk.i386 1:1.4.22.0-6 came down. Was there a reason?? Did 1.4-1 not have the 1.4.22.0-6 Asterisk installed. Can someone confirm that when they load 1.4-1 from the CD that it only has 1.4.22.0-5 (check under Packages in Elastix).

5) If shown in question 4 it already had 1.4.22.0-6, why did a yum update of 1.4.22.0-6 come down again. Has it been patched without a version number change, and this has the possible fault in it??

6) Has the YUM update updated a file as part of the Centos 5.2 that has impacted on the Asterisk/Zaptel or hardware level.

Personally I believe that number 6 is a likely issue and would also explain why some are reporting it and some are not. It would explain why PIAF users are also experiencing similar issues as they are even more progressive on latest versions, which includes Centos 5.2

Anyhow, food for thought, I will probably answer some of the questions over the next 24 hours, unless others can get in before me. In the meantime, I need to get back to paid work. Once I have some answers, I need to roll a pure Asterisk system, on a Centos 5.2 base, and prove the fault, and submit to Digium....

regards

Bob

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti