Elastix 1.3 with more tha 4 GB ram

Discussion in 'General' started by garcia.ronald.d, May 23, 2009.

1. garcia.ronald.d

Hello,

I have a Elastix 1.3 and want to put in the server 8 GB ram I compiled the kernel-PAE and I see the 8 GB but, do I have to compile the zaptel?

Only have I to compiled the zaptel that I download at asterisk.org without the patch and without a special options?

Thanks in advance

2. Bob

Bob

Ronald,

Whilst you can grab the zaptel sources from Asterisk (and I have done on some occasions) and recompile, you will lose any improvements/patches that Elastix development team have done to the zaptel sources.

One of these that springs to mind straight away is the Oslec implementation. So if you select the Digium Zaptel source, it will not normally have this in the sources. I believe it will default to the not-so-good echo cancellation tools such as KB1 or the other one that they build in.

I believe the sources you need from Elastix are here
    http://repo.elastix.org/elastix/1.3/base/SRPMS/

However my personal opinion and one I feel would have a better outcome (at least in terms of the risks of compiling old sources with dependencies versus upgrading) is to upgrade your system using YUM to 1.5.2, fully upgrade all Freepbx modules, run a quick test and check all the basics are working. (I have done a number of 1.3.2 upgrades to 1.5.2 without issues....)

Backup using Freepbx Backup(just in case backup) and also Elastix Backup.

Rebuild your system with the Elastix 1.5.2 64 Bit version, and restore the Elastix backup. Now to the best of my knowledge the 64Bit version will use the full 8Gb of memory.

Anyhow just an opinion, and you may have reasons for not performing an upgrade such as customisation code or other base file customistions, or the hardware wont support a 64 Bit O/S.

Hope this helps....

Bob

3. garcia.ronald.d

Hello Bob

Thanks for the answer, I compiled the kernel and I notice that echo cancelation failed and dhcp failed too. Later I compile the zaptel at the asterisk.org and works fine, well, I think until now, LOL. echo cancelation failed and dhcp failed too

Elastix 1.5 have a problem with sangoma, fatal dahdi module,something like that and this the reason to dont upgrading to elastix 1.5

In the forum says that the problem was resolved but I installed elastix 1.5-2 64 bits today and the problems continues

If you can help me with this issues I appreciated

Ronald

4. donhwyo

Did you do the yum update to 1.5.2? there is updated kernel and sangoma stuf there. It may still be in the beta repository though. It seems to work for my a200 but I have not tested it much yet.

Don