Elastix 1.2beta2 asterisk crash

tpm

Hello

I'm currently test Elastix 1.2beta2 with a Openvox b200p card .

Everytime i boot Asterisk die

STARTING ASTERISK
Asterisk ended with exit status 1
Asterisk died with code 1.
Automatically restarting Asterisk.
mpg123: no process killed

-----------------------------------------------------
Asterisk could not start!
Use 'tail /var/log/asterisk/full' to find out why.
-----------------------------------------------------

and in the log file /var/log/asterisk/full

ERROR[3079] asterisk.c: Asterisk has detected a problem with your Zaptel configuration and will shutdown for your protection. You have options:
1. You only have to compile Zaptel support into Asterisk if you need it. One option is to recompile without Zaptel support.
2. You only have to load Zaptel drivers if you want to take advantage of Zaptel services. One option is to unload zaptel modules if you don't need them.
3. If you need Zaptel services, you must correctly configure Zaptel.

i did not use zaptel but mISDN for the openvox

I came in the elastix interface i try detect new hardware and select replace zapata.conf

answer ( no hardware detected ) but then asterisk boot

what's wrong thanks for help

rafael

tpm

Hello

Thanks for the post in the bug tracker

In the bug tracker tzafrir said

The error means that Zaptel pretends to provide timing but actually
doesn't.

What is the output of:

cat /proc/zaptel/*

What happens when you run 'zttest -c3' ? Does it hang? or actually prints
anything?

The output for cat /proc/zaptel/* is

[root@elastix ~]# cat /proc/zaptel/*
Span 1: ZTDUMMY/1 "ZTDUMMY/1 (source: RTC) 1" (MASTER)

and for zttest -c3

[root@elastix ~]# zttest -c3
Opened pseudo zap interface, measuring accuracy...

after a long time must do a CTRL-C nothing append

--- Results after 0 passes ---
Best: 0.000 -- Worst: 100.000 -- Average: 100.000000, Difference: 100.000000
[root@elastix ~]#

Regards,

persona.vitrea

Hi there,
I've found the same problem that tpm, but without any strange cards, I tried elastix (Elastix-1.2-rc-27ago2008.iso and Elastix-1.2-rc2-01sep2008.iso) on a new box (Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8300 @ 2.83GHz) with just one eth card, and the same happens, when the system was booting asterisk crashed.
[root@elastix ~]# /etc/init.d/asterisk status
asterisk dead but subsys locked

And if I tried to restart it manually it started a loop that would not stop with Ctrl-C but had to be killed trough another term, the loop repeated ad nauseam:
[root@elastix ~]# /etc/init.d/asterisk start
SETTING FILE PERMISSIONS Asterisk
Permissions Asterisk OK
Starting asterisk: [OK]
[root@elastix ~]# Asterisk ended with exit status 1

Of course, the answer when trying to run or get into the asterisk CLI was:
[root@elastix ~]# asterisk -vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvc
Asterisk 1.4.21.2, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2008 Digium, Inc. and others.
Created by Mark Spencer <markster@digium.com>
Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'core show warranty' for details.
This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General Public
License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain conditions. Type 'core show license' for details.
=========================================================================
== Parsing '/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf': Found
== Parsing '/etc/asterisk/extconfig.conf': Found
== Parsing '/etc/asterisk/logger.conf': Found
Asterisk Event Logger Started /var/log/asterisk/event_log

and

[root@elastix ~]# asterisk -rvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Asterisk 1.4.21.2, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2008 Digium, Inc. and others.
Created by Mark Spencer <markster@digium.com>
Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'core show warranty' for details.
This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General Public
License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain conditions. Type 'core show license' for details.
=========================================================================
== Parsing '/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf': Found
== Parsing '/etc/asterisk/extconfig.conf': Found
Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist?)

Checking at /var/log/asterisk/full it said:
[Sep 5 15:45:16] VERBOSE[17634] logger.c: Asterisk Event Logger Started /var/log/asterisk/event_log
[Sep 5 15:45:16] ERROR[17634] asterisk.c: Asterisk has detected a problem with your Zaptel configuration and will shutdown for your protection. You have options:
1. You only have to compile Zaptel support into Asterisk if you need it. One option is to recompile without Zaptel support.
2. You only have to load Zaptel drivers if you want to take advantage of Zaptel services. One option is to unload zaptel modules
if you don't need them.

The "solutions" I found googling where a) recompile the asterisk, wich I did but did not work, and b) stop using zaptel, wich I did
[root@elastix etc]# /etc/init.d/zaptel stop
[root@elastix src]# chkconfig --del zaptel

And got the asterisk running, But I don't know if there are any problems with that. Is there any patch or fix to this asterisk-zaptel problem? I did the same sugested to tpm (#cat /proc/zaptel/* and #zttest -c3) with te same results he obtained.

Hope this will help to solve this bug soon.

persona.vitrea

This same bug happened with elastix-1.2 stable, I have an HP Compaq dc7800 Small Form Factor PC (http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm ... ENC-001_HP Compaq dc7800 Small Form Factor PC&lang=en&cc=us). I've used another (older) machine and elastix ran without troubles, but on the one just mentioned asterisk would not start unless zaptel was stopped. Is there any diagnose yet?, any solution?

gregec

Dear!

Same problem here with 1.3 version. First problem occured after upgrade then I did clean install and it is same problem, even after clean install. Could this be due to some hardware combination or is this bug? Can asterisk run properly without ztdummy drivers?

Buks

Same here!

I have done a clean install of Elastix 1.3.2 on a new Intel Xeon Quad Core server. I get the same error.

Installing a recent Trixbox, however works....

I would love to use Elastix. The problem seems to be with zaptel when I do a tail /var/log/asterisk/full:

[Nov 26 18:12:26] VERBOSE[2944] logger.c: Asterisk Event Logger Started /var/log/asterisk/event_log
[Nov 26 18:12:27] ERROR[2944] asterisk.c: Asterisk has detected a problem with your Zaptel configuration and will shutdown for your protection. You have options:
2. You only have to load Zaptel drivers if you want to take advantage of Zaptel services. One option is to unload zaptel modules if you don't need them.
[Nov 26 18:13:33] ERROR[2952] asterisk.c: Asterisk has detected a problem with your Zaptel configuration and will shutdown for your protection. You have options:

I have loaded ztdummy with no card & also tried with a Digium B410p card...

eblish

Re:Elastix 1.3 asterisk crash fresh instalations

I am newbie in asterisk first i'm using trixbox now i change my way to elastix that more wonderfull. i'm using elastix 1.3 in compaq dx2300mt that has same problem that died in fresh instalation. i was reinstall more than 6 times becouse that i think the problem cames from the disk instalations or the CD room. while i reinstall it i see this topik, so i use the command to solve this proplem.

The "solutions" I found googling where a) recompile the asterisk, wich I did but did not work, and b) stop using zaptel, wich I did
[root@elastix etc]# /etc/init.d/zaptel stop
[root@elastix src]# chkconfig --del zaptel
after this i reboot the system then it's going fine.

i hope this problem can be solved. anyway thanks to elastix and thanks to persona.vitrea that give the solutions.

Buks

I have solved this problem by reverting to Asterisk 1.4.19.

Elastix 1.3-2 comes with Asterisk 1.4.21 (I seem to remember) There seems to be compatibilty problems with the Asterisk version in Elastix 1.3-2 and the hardware (Intel Server) I am using.

DaveD

Quick work around is to rename zaptel.conf and zapata.conf rename like zaptel2.conf

Reboot and works fine

Bob

I have done about 15-20 installs from the 1.3-2 disk, on a range of hardware and not seen this issue.

The only thing that I do religiously when I install is to click on the "Replace Zapata.conf". Other than that, I have not seen this issue.

Possibly to do with hardware compatibility..??

Regards

Bob

gregec

Yes, I also think that this has to be something with hardware compatibility. I also use Intel chipset, but on other machine that doesn't have intel chipset is ok...

Just wondering if someone knows if this is known isssue with Asterisk and if there will be any patch?

Best regards Gregor

Bob

gregec,

not saying you are wrong, but all the systems we install on are Intel Chipsets. Just mentioning this as you may need to look further afield for the compatibility issue.

Anyone,

Just out of interest, are there any brand name machines or brand name motherboards that are exhibiting this issue. I will look to see if we have one in the lab or pick one up, and try installing 1.3 on them...

Regards
Bob

Bob

Ok just one other question, if the recent posters can answer

What true Zaptel hardware are you using and what is it reporting in the zaptel.conf (or basically what revision of the hardware)

Also if you can, post the output of the following command

lcpci -vv
Only need to post the stuff pertaining to the Zaptel card. E.g. mine is as follows

01:08.0 Communication controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Tiger3XX Modem/ISDN interface
Subsystem: Unknown device b119:0003
Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
Latency: 64 (250ns min, 32000ns max)
Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 201
Region 0: I/O ports at ec00
Region 1: Memory at ff8ff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1- D2+ AuxCurrent=55mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2+,D3hot+,D3cold+)

Just for anyones interest, I just checked the chipset on this machine, which was running 1.3 on just about all revisions of Elastix and the whole chipset is Intel Based.

Regards

Bob

gregec

Dear Bob,

thank you for your effort. Unfortunatelly I did downgrade to previous asterisk version and now is ok. I will check motherboard model. I do not have any zaptel card, only pure voip traffic... Here is other tread with same problem

http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... mitstart=0

and one user has HP Proliant DL385G2

Best regards, Gregor

Bob

Gregec,

If you can still come back with your motherboard model.

I will setup a couple of 1.3-2 systems with no Zaptel over the weekend yum update them to see if we can see what is going on

Regards

Bob

Buks

Bob,

It somehow does not seem to be zaptel causing this.

I installed Elastix 1.3-2 a few weeks ago on an Intel Server with a Snowhill motherboard, Quad Core Xeon; 4GB Ram. After the reboot, Asterisk crashed and did not load. When checking the logs, it stated that zaptel had a problem etc etc.

I upgraded zaptel to the newest. I even "downgraded" zaptel with no luck. These problems happened with only ztdummy loaded. Now there are people giving "advice" to not using zaptel. Absurd. If you have to use it, you HAVE TO.

I eventually "downgraded" the Asterisk to 1.4.19 instead of the 1.4.21 ? that ships with Elastix. Problem solved.

No renaming of zaptel files. No unloading / trashing of zaptel etc etc. Just compiling Asterisk 1.4.19 into the system. This surely points to some compatibility problems with some hardware. I realize that Elastix (Asterisk 1.4.21 / 22) installs perfectly on some systems, but believe me not on all of them.

There seems to be an issue with Asterisk 1.4.21 /22?

gregec

Here is motherboard of computer that has problem. It is Gigabyte s-series Ga-EP35-DS3.

Bob, hope you have that model :)

Best regards, Gregor

gregec

Just googled for this problem and found few hints. Can someone please tries below suggestions, I can't because I downgraded Elastix to previous version and machine is in production now.

1.Asterisk has detected a problem with your Zaptel configuration and will shutdown for your protection.

rafael

1) I don't have that configuration but from my expirience the acpi=off would help when a server freezes without you knowing why. I don't if it is going to be a solution for you.
2) Realtek are a pain in the ass with linux in general.

regards,

rafael

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti