Elastix 1.2 RC2 release

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by rafael, Sep 2, 2008.

1. rafael

Elastix 1.2 RC2 is available for download. This release is not yet an stable release, but may became one after some testing.

Here is the Changelog:

- New RPMs for mailman and spamassassin included.
    - Asterisk log module finished.
    - Multiple improvements in Roudcube webmail: support to change email password, attachments bug fixed and other minor bug fixes.
    - Updated the Asterisk RPM to 1.4.21.2
    - Updated the Zaptel RPM to 1.4.11
    - Fixed the compatibility problem between freepbx 2.4 and the Call Center Module.
    - Fixes and improvements on the Rhino RPM.
    - Integration with the Agenda module with the Address Book. This would allow to send call notifications to any number and not just internal extensions.
    - Fixed the bug on the Extension batch module that made the direct DID be saved as null
    - Added the field Outbound CID on the batch module

2. wiseoldowl

As a relatively new user of Elastix, I'd like to know if there is a way to upgrade a beta version (specifically, 1.2 RC1 to RC2) without losing any settings, data, etc. Obviously it would not work to download the ISO and reinstall, since that would reformat the hard drive and wipe out all the configuration and tweaking we've done over the last few weeks. So how do you upgrade the software without destroying any settings, etc?

3. rafael

Remember that betas an RC are not recomended for production yet. You could not update from RC1 to RC2, because thery are only available as ISO distros, but you can upgrade from any RC to 1.2 stable when it is ready.

As always we would recommend you to make backups of your configuration using Elastix backup interface, then if something goes wrong you can save your configuration.s The backup could be use on a fresh install too.

Regards,

Rafael

4. luisanton

Hola , se agradece de antemano todos los avances que tiene elastix, lo estoy implementando y es muy bueno pero tengo una consulta o disculpe mi ingnorancia pero siempre que he trabajado con centrales analogas, se cuentra con la opcion de perifoneo, que es propio de la central,
    he logrado ver en el foro soluciones, como instalar un Softphoney configurarlo como anexo y conectalo a los parlantes, funciona bien, la pregunta es si existe o se puede hacer directo de elastix.
    Gracias y disculpa por escribir en este espacio. y por el idioma.

5. wiseoldowl

Thank you, Rafael. The only reason we started with the RC is because we first tried the production version of Elastix and it did not work - we tried for several hours to get it to work but it would not. We then tried another popular distribution which by its name would lead you to believe it was speedy, but actually it was painfully slow to install (compared to Elastix), often slow to complete calls (for no good reason that we could find), and if you updated it using their scripts it would re-introduce bugs you had squashed. So when we saw that RC1 was out we dumped that distribution and gave Elastix another try - the only issues we've had with this version of Elastix have centered around Openfire and its hoggish memory usage.

With that other distribution, you simply ran a script (well, actually several scripts) to upgrade the system, but as I say, the problem with the scripts was that they re-introduced errors that we had found and fixed, and generally took too much control over the system for our liking. That's why I was hoping that in Elastix there is an easy way to upgrade the basic components, but without messing up existing configurations any more than is absolutely necessary to complete the upgrade. You didn't mention how that might be accomplished, but I assume that when the next stable comes out you'll provide upgrade instructions.

6. saleh

After Elastix 1.2 RC2 Release have been tested, I did not notice any errors. I hope, that soon we'll see the stable Release of Elastix 1.2.

Note: Integration with the Agenda module with the Address Book.

The call notifications not works with the the Address Book, only works with the internal Extension that assigned to the user via the Web Interface (System => User Management => Users => User List (choice one User like default user admin => Edit => assigned an Extension Number to them)

7. kawa636r

Nice....very nice... i'm waiting stable release to do yum -y update

:p

8. sergiogm2000

Rafael, quick question...
    Is the Elastix 1.2 RC2 release (01sep) the same as Elastix 1.2 Stable release (05Sep)??
    I have downloaded the RC2 already and don't want to waste my time downloading it again if its the same file.
    Thanks

9. doolph

Is the monitoring bug fixed on this new version?? well I will test it anyways

10. rafael

Yes, it is the same version you don not need to download it again.

Regards,

Rafael

11. rafael

Do you mean the FOP Flashing error? Yes it is fixed.

Regards,

Rafael

12. doolph

13. saleh

The monitoring for FreePBX is not correct and needs to be fixed on the new version, therefore you need to make correction manually before FreePBX Update.

14. cmrahman

When are you guys going to upgrade openfire 3.5.1 to openfire 3.6 ? The memory loss problem still there. Anybody updated to 3.6? if so, how did it go?

Thanks
    CM