Elastix 1.0 suggestions.

Discussion in 'General' started by gabriel, Feb 19, 2008.

1. gabriel

Hi guys, long time !! I have few suggestions!

1. End Point manager is taking only 192.168.1.0/24 network. In my case I have 14 subnets and I can not search all of them. It will be great if we can specify with subnets to be scanned. We have all the phones scanned and we select phone type and user extension we set that, then what?
    I changed the subnet in /var/www/html/modules/endpoint_configuration/index.php with one of my subnets, discovered my phone I selected Phone Type GXP 2000 User Extension 1000 and I get the Status Configured without incident.
    Now I login on the phone and I add Config Server Path and Firmware Server Path my elastix ip addess. I reboot the phone and nothing ... hmm any sugestion?
    2. For dhcp server is better to use dnsmasq is really light and asks as a dhcp and dns server.
    3. If you run dhcp server and you want to use the IP PBX server to be the main server needs some iptables rules. I can help you out with that.
    4. You should add support on the Hardware Detection for Rhino RCB4FXO.

Thank you
    Gabriel<br><br>Post edited by: gabriel, at: 2008/02/19 05:46

2. adonisfigueroa

Respect to the Phone Type GXP 2000, at the moment the elastix 1.0-4 have soport to the phones Atcom, Linksys and Polycom, and we are testing others phones, in the elastix 1.0 stable it's possible that we have sopport to otehr phones.

The filter to subnets will be include in the elastix 1.0 beta

3. DStirrup

Is there any info on the phones endpoint manager system as I want to work on Thomson ST2030 support.

4. lek

lek Guest

Thanks for you post DStirrup,

Basically we'll need to know how "provisioning" works on the Thompson phones.

Each manufacturer/model has a particular way to do it but basically they work over ftp or tftp.

Please send me an email to elandivar at palosanto dot com if you need more detailed information.

5. lek

lek Guest

Thanks a lot for your suggestions gabriel. We'll analyze them for the next version. I think the first one is very useful, i had a similar problem on a customer box ;)