Elastix 1.0-RC & FreePBX Error

CleveJ

Hi All,

The install went ok, but when updating Freepbx I got this error.

Downloading framework 2403536 of 2403536 (100%)
Untarring..Done.
error copying framework files:
'cp -rf' from src: '/var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/*' to dst: '/var/www/html'...details follow
cp: cannot create directory `/var/www/html/_asterisk': Permission denied
cp: cannot create directory `/var/www/html/recordings': Permission denied
Checking for upgrades..No upgrades found

Looks like this has not been fixed and the problem continues, here is a fix to the problem.

http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... 99&catid=1

Post edited by: Stilllearning, at: 2008/03/28 18:57<br><br>Post edited by: Stilllearning, at: 2008/03/28 18:59

redjim

I found a small error in the time/date settings.

When I changed the time on the drop-down list, the time in the new field is {whatever I select}+1

I wanted my hour to be 16, so I had to select 15 from the drop-down.

I am just installing my first elastix(looking to move from trixbox), looks really nice.

Thanks, James

p.s. I think I just found another one. When the voicemail sends me an email it has this:
Dial *98 to access your voicemail by phone. Visit http://AMPWEBADDRESS/recordings/index.php to check your voicemail with a web browser.

It looks like it needs to find AMPWEBADDRESS automatically. JC<br><br>Post edited by: redjim, at: 2008/03/28 07:59

Bob

Re:Elastix 1.0-RC & FreePBX Error

Just a note to confirm "Still Learnings" findings. I Just did a fresh install of RC1 (not a yum update).

After installation, setup a couple of trunks via Freepbx GUI and a couple of Extensions.

Then moved to perform FREEPBX module upgrades, only to the latest 2.3.x (not the 2.4 upgrade), and the following error comes up:

==================
Untarring..Done.
'cp -rf' from src: '/var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/*' to dst: '/var/www/html'...details follow
================================

This error needs to be corrected before Stable release, as it appears to come down to permissions set by the Elastix install.

Regards

Bob

CleveJ

Re:Elastix 1.0-RC & FreePBX Error

Bob said:
Just a note to confirm "Still Learnings" findings. I Just did a fresh install of RC1 (not a yum update).

After installation, setup a couple of trunks via Freepbx GUI and a couple of Extensions.

Then moved to perform FREEPBX module upgrades, only to the latest 2.3.x (not the 2.4 upgrade), and the following error comes up:

==================
Untarring..Done.
================================

This error needs to be corrected before Stable release, as it appears to come down to permissions set by the Elastix install.

Regards

Bob
Hi Bob,

Just a side note this only happens when you update the 2.3 core, otherwise all the other modules update without a hitch. When you try to update from 2.3 to 2.4 the problems are even worse, with broken sym links and extensions not showing up in fop etc. I was hoping in this release they would have properly migrated to the FreePBX 2.4 core, and looked into the bug reports I had filed, as the problems still exist. Would like a comment from a Elastix Techie on this.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapoalla