Editing conf files and end point configs

Discussion in 'General' started by pucky900, Feb 11, 2009.

1. pucky900

I'm new to the Elastix community coming over from Trixbox that I've been using for about 2 yrs now. Was starting to get frustrated trying to update/installing. There are a couple of thing I was trying to find out that I'm familiar with on Trixbox. Is there something in Elastrix that is comparable to Config File Editor in Trixbox or do these files have to be edited via terminal? Also, setting up tftpboot in Trixbox was a matter of running setup-polycom or setup-aastra. Installing Elastrix, I see that is does not support this command. Is there something similar to get tftpboot up and running or do I have to manually install the scripts?

I've been digging around but haven't found clear answers. Thx.

2. wiseoldowl

In Elastix, click on the PBX tab, then the Tools sub-menu, then select File Editor in the left-hand menu and see if that meets your needs.
    Also under the PBX tab there a selection for Endpoint Configuration in the sub-menu, but I have never personally used it (don't have any IP phones) so someone else will probably have to explain that to you.

3. jgibson

From what I have seen with elastix it will detect what kind of phone you are using in the endpoint manager. So I think that you do not need to run the setup polycom command. You just need to set the model of phone you are using in the endpoint manager tab.

4. pucky900

I did see that. I was playing with it today. Will take be a little bit to understand the differences. Thanks for your help.