Echo on all phones over SIP Trunk

fboleto

Hello all,

Thank you for your time to see this message.

I have configured elastix only with a sip provider, no cards at all. I have other box doing the same, but only with asterisk, and same sip provider.

What can cause echo on a sip trunk? I am using snom m3 and Linksys SPA 941 and I have echo on both.

Not all the calls have echo, but most of them have.

Thank you for your support
Filipe

dicko

Mostly it will be latency in the network, IO overload on the server or or poor QOS or overload on any routers,
is the echo apparent on "local" calls? if so see what the load averages are on the machines (uptime or top). If only on "external" calls suspect the network infrastructure.

dicko

ramoncio

Connect you ip phones right into your internet router and register them with your SIP provider bypassing your Elastix box, and you will see if the problem is on your provider's network. Also disconnect all the rest of your network devices or make sure QoS is properly configured and working.

ashir24

if the issue from your network (low bandwidth) then try to use better codec. like g729 or gsm.

ednoc

Re: Re:Echo on all phones over SIP Trunk

Hello,
i just had the very same problem, all digital: sip trunks and sip extensions, using elastix 1.6.2-27.
Test0: configure a sip extension in my yealink t280, echo on calls: ext->sip trunk
no echo on calls between sip extensions.
Test1: connect a siptrunk into my yealink t28p in the same network, echo remains.
Test2: Connect a siptrunk into my yealink t28p direct to the Telco network, echo Remains.
Conclusion: error is on the SIP provider network.
Hope it helps you with your problem.

ps. got other problem related "let sip provider error call messages bypass"

Regards,

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti