Echo issues

hinzinho

I have two type of echo issues:

1) Echo between extension to extension. We are using Polycom 550 and 650. Why would we have echo between extensions? Not all the time, but it is still annoying.

2) Echo to/from external calls. We are on a PRI circuit and as of last night, I installed the Digium echo cancellation module hoping it would fixes the issue. This morning, one of my user reported echo on his external call. Again, it does happens all the time.

Please guide me on how to fix / address the issues.

Thank you!

briankelly63

I found that the digium echo canc module caused more problems then it fixed, its really only good for lightening the load on the cpu. It doesn't seem to be well tested and can introduce problems in bridged calls and in some distros will actually cause a crash.

I know you indicated that you have Polycom phones, on Aastra phones there are configuration file settings that allow you to control recv., trans., and sidetone gain. I would take a look at those if they exist for those phones you can "turn them down" so to speak which may solve your problem... you really shouldn't have echo within your own local system.

Brian

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr