Echo cancellation

Global IP Calls

I have installed a pbx whit 8 zap trunks in a digium tdm810p card and 8 extensions whit elastix 1.6.12 , so i will lke to know which is the procedure to avoid the echo by software still i get a echo cancellation card.

May you explain me a little bit to understand what to do , its about to download a module ?

I have a lot of experience whit tcp ip and network equipment but im a newbie whit ip pbx and elastix , i apreciatte any kind of help that i can receive from the community.

Thanks.

dicko

Welcome here Global IP Calls:

Digium bundle an effective echo canceller license with their non ec hardware called HPEC, you will need to follow their directions for it's installation, as it is proprietary and specific to your CPU and further the license needs installing, but given that, the best echo canceler in the world, hardware or software will not do a good job on analog lines until you "balance them". There are numerous posts here, search for "milliwatt" and or rxgain txgain or even 2/4 wire hybrid. Having got the gains right, you will need to run fxotune -i to further tune the hybrid, only then will you get benefit from the echo canceler. (HPEC knows about fxotune, so if you install the HPEC, then that will be done for you)

dicko

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti