EasyVpn

Hi to all,

Just recently noticed the addon EasyVpn and wondering if anyone have installed and use it with success and would like to comment about it.

Thanks,

amphibian

Hi Amphibian :)

I already installed this module but not tested yet.
However, you must remember at firewall and add a rule for OpenVPN, else the installation could not be completed.
Or why not during install to disable the firewall.

danardf & navaisom,

Thank you for responding. I haven't installed it yet but will be tonight on a test machine. I see there is a manual (in spanish), wished it was in english as my spanish is no where to be found in my head. Maybe I find some one to convert to english for us.

navaismo, I looked at the link but didn't see anywhere I could change it to english. Thank you for the link though. I know others will like to have it too.

Thanks guys,
amphibian

Hi Amphibian,

If your Elastix GUI is in english, the EasyVPN addon will show be shown in english. The addon takes you step by step to setup a fully working VPN. If you have any problems just hover your mouse on the ? marks and you'll se a help message.

It's really simple, but as danardf states, you'll need to open up a port in you firewall and redirect it to your server, that way your clients can conect to your server an create the tunnel.

Hope you like the addon, your coments would help us make it better.

Hi Amphibian,

I did a copy -transalte- paste of the manual you referred to. I would like to get this tested myself. Have you been able to make it work?

I have just started looking myself and trying to understand exactly what the requirements are and where to put what IPs and such.

I am assuming it needs to be all dns public names and IP since it is connecting via internet. Let me know if you get this nailed down or find a nice step by step we can follow.

Hope all is well up in N-Tx.\
Murph

Marco,

Thank you, will test and let you know once I figure out what all the parameters are.

PMurphy,

Thank you for the manual, will look at it here in a litle while. I setup another test machine last night and installed the EasyVpn addon. I haven't had a chance to actually test it yet since I don't have a VoIp phone that uses Vpn and I haven't downloaded a Vpn client yet, will hopefully do that tonight.

I will keep all informed and report back and will try to put a manual together from my notes as I progress.

All is well in N-Tx.....Nice Peacefull Living in the country.

Thanks all,
amphibian

Hey Team,

Anyone reccomend a VPN Client for a Andriod Tablet & a Andriod Phone? I see a bunch listed in the Google Play Store but not sure what one to use.

Thanks
amphibian

pmurphy said:
Hi Amphibian,

I did a copy -transalte- paste of the manual you referred to. I would like to get this tested myself. Have you been able to make it work?

I have just started looking myself and trying to understand exactly what the requirements are and where to put what IPs and such.

I am assuming it needs to be all dns public names and IP since it is connecting via internet. Let me know if you get this nailed down or find a nice step by step we can follow.

Hope all is well up in N-Tx.\
Murph

The zip file is empty...

pmurphy,

I do believe the zip file is empty. Could you please retry uploading it.

Thanks,
amphibian

Well, I guess I don't know as much as I thought I might....

1: What port is used, so I can redirect it in my router?

2: For the OpenVPN Connect I assume I need to select "Embedded Linux Client(one file .conf) for client type on server?

3:: When using OpenVPN Connect, should I use
a: Import Private Tunnel Profile
b: Import Access Server Profile
c: Import from SD Card
d: Import PKCS#12 From SD Card

I tried "b" and entered a user name I have for user on server and get a return of "java.io.FileNotFoundException:/https://192.168.1.210/RPC2" so I assume that "b" is not the right one to use....

If I am correct the OpneVPN Connect on the Andriod looks for an ".ovpn" file on the server so would that not be the "Windows Embedded Client(one file .ovpn) one I should generate on the server?

Maybe I'm just getting too old for this stuff.

amphibian

Hi Amphibian,

Lets see if I can explain myself,

1. It should be the port you set in the 5th step during the setup. By default it's UDP 1194 but if you changed it you must take a look at setp 5 or to the file /etc/openvpn/server.conf, look for the port and proto setting.

2. That should work, change the extension to .ovpn

3. You must save the file to your Android and import from SD Card (option c)

Hope you get it working.

Marco Zink,

Thank you very much. Will try that here in a little while and see how it goes.

You have been very heplfull Sir,

amphibian

We are working on that. In the other hand you have the GUI in English and if you need help hover the mouse over each ? Sign. That provide the help about each setting.

Thank you for your answer. I will follow your suggestion while waiting the English version o fthe manual.

Hi Patiniotakis,

We are currently working on an english manual as well as a subtitled video. They will be up soon.

These are great news. I have set up the server, I have configured the windows client but it keeps asking me for a username password although I have not configured anywhere for them. Can you please help me?

Hi Patiniotakis,

We can help, where exactly are you being asked for the username/password?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhusmani