E1 and AEX800 together

Discussion in 'General' started by fricci, Mar 11, 2009.

1. fricci

Hi...

I'm experiencing the following problem:

I have a fresh 1.3 installation. The server is an HP DL360 Xeon processor. Single processor. At first the system recognizes 2 cards, one is the TE120 E1/T1 card (running on E1 mode), the second is an 8 port PCI-X AEX800 card. (both cards are PCI-X).

With both running I configure the E1 and it stays in REC mode...BLUE sometimes. When I run the ZTTOOL I can se the mode going from REC to REC/BLU ... and not going to OK. The AEX is OK.

I removed the AEX and the E1 started working fine....I think the issue is IRQ...

I need both cards on this system. What do you guys suggest? What can I do?

Any Help is appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Redfone

If it is interrupts try disabling any unneeded hardware in your BIOS. Parallel ports, USB, etc to free up IRQs.

Check interrupt usage in Linux with 'cat /proc/interrupts'

Post your zaptel.conf file as well. Could be a minor configuration issue.

Good luck,
    Redfone

3. ramoncio

4. fricci

I'll get interrupts info....not onsite right now...but can't be config, when I remove the AEX the E1 works fine....

5. fricci

I actually followed that document from top to bottom...tried everything....not sure if the commands are old or what, but none of them did ANY change on my server....I'm not a linux guru at all....but I can find my way arround stuff...this thing is driving me nuts.....

I'll have access to the server tomorrow..I'll gather all the info I can.

Thanks!