Dynamic & Static IP Problem

Discussion in 'General' started by modena, Mar 26, 2011.

1. modena

Hi

I am very new to elastix and have just installed a fresh copy of elastix 2.0.3 on my server, following the guidelines available on the internet.

Upon system bootup, there seems to be a problem with DHCP, which gives me a fail message and subsequently elastix wouldn't give me the IP address required for logging into the GUI.

I have tried giving it a static IP without any luck and basically am stuck at point zero, not exactly sure what I could do for elastix to load the IP address either dynamically or somehow by the static method.

In advance, I would appreciate your feedback and help on this issue.

Thanks,
    Sam

2. fmvillares

sound like a problem with the eth driver card more than a config ....do u have a broadcom very modern giga ethernet card ???

3. modena

No its a Inter 82566DC gigabit network card. It actually sees the name of it and its available in the options for change, but it simply fails to get its IP value.

I've tried the "$ /sbin/ifconfig" function, to get the ip values, looks like there is no file by that name.

4. fmvillares

Re: Re:Dynamic & Static IP Problem

if infconfgi command does not return any ersults to you is that the card is not being discovered frmo the linux kernel...u need to download and recmpile the tar gz driver for that card prior to make elastix work as its possibly a card not included in the centos bdrievwrs database

5. modena

Im gonna look for that. In the mean time, I installed a fresh copy on a second server. Same problem, fails to detect the IP and same problem. But the card is of a different make, its a Silicon Integrated Systems SiS900 card. Its abit odd, that none of the cards are supported.

6. fmvillares

elastix centos kernel has bad support for newer cards and servers....as it is 4 years old...

7. modena

Thanks for your help. Now this is going to be abit of a challenge, since I am not that great with linux, last time I used it must've been about 5-6 years ago.

8. dicko

Please post the issue of:

lspci|grep Ether

It is probably resolvable, but not by the current Ealstix distributions.

9. fmvillares

agreed with dick...new kernel and new hand compilled driver should do the magic