DTMF issues

Discussion in 'General' started by strongbow242, May 6, 2009.

1. strongbow242

I have noticed a couple of DTMF issues in the forum but mine is different. Since updating from Elastix 1.3 to 1.5, I can not access most of my IVR using my cell phone. I have 4 options. Options 1-3 roll over to my "you pressed the wrong key" option. If I press 4 which sends the call to my cell phone, it works. All options work with a landline. Everything worked with my call phone with 1.3. Any ideas?

2. ramoncio

How do you get your calls in? SIP, ISDN, analog line?
    If it's an analog line, have you tried running fxotune to reduce the echo and improve the sound quality? If you use phone lines (analog or ISDN) DTMF mode is inbound, so the detection depends very much in the sound quality and the absence of echo.

3. strongbow242

SIP using Callcentric, everything to this box is SIP except Hylafax.

4. ramoncio

5. dicko

on the Callcentric trunk
    dtmfmode=?
    have you tried
    relaxdtmf=yes
    dtmfmode=auto
    ?
    [edit]
    temporal disconnect, sorry ramoncio, I stepped on your toes inadvertently

6. strongbow242

OK guys, thanks for the tips BUT nothing worked. SO, I tried other cell phones. THEY ALL WORKED!!! Now ain't that a kick in the head. My primary phone is an HP IPAQ Messanger 514 windows mobile pnone (a smartphone :S ). Tried an old Motorola and LG flip phones, no problems. I was dialing in to my vm to get messages when I'm out of the office. Its not critical so I guess if every other cell phone out there works, I'm OK. BTW dtmfmode=info broke the sip connection with Callcentric.

7. dicko

Somewhere , deep in the menus you can change the dtmf duration (I think my old ipaq could anyway. I thought it was slicker than shit on a chrome shovel but but unfortunately it suffered from that microsoft blues and I had to reboot it every 32.6 minutes because it couldn't actually do phone calls and chew gum, so I sold it on ebay (poor bastard)) what do you expect from microsoft, something that actually works past next tuesday?!! [/rant] be honest how often do you have to reboot this sucker?