Downgrade 1.6 Assistance

Discussion in 'General' started by esposed, Jan 23, 2011.

1. esposed

Hello All,

Today I was doing updates to all systems in my house, and came across news that Elastix 2.0 was out. My first reaction was to upgrade. I don't believe in the "old if it ain't broke don't fix it", I believe in keeping software up to date, which by-and-large has served me well over the years.

When I did a yum update on the box and noticed it didn't automatically upgrade me to 2.0, I modified /etc/yum.repos.d/elastix.repo to ?release=2 (instead of ?release=1). This in hind sight may not have been an awesome idea.

After a reboot and a run of /etc/init.d/elastix-firstboot I'm at a point were pretty much everything but the Elastix web-interface is working fine (i.e Asterisk 1.6, MySQL, Apache, FreePBX are all functioning normally). That said, the Elastix web-interface works and I can log in, but the only thing it gives me is the System tab with User Management and Preferences.

So, I suppose my question is... now what?

Do I:
    1. Leave it as is, and thank my lucky stars my phones are still working?
    2. Manually do some SQL updates / modifications or help someone in the Elastix community write a proper upgrade process?
    3. Consider this installation botched and start again?

Looking for suggestions / comments / feedback (other than if it ain't broke don't fix it) ;)

Esposed

2. hinzinho

What kind of error(s) are you getting when clicking on the PBX tab of web interface?

3. esposed

Hello hinzinho,

The most noticeable issue is that there are no longer any tabs across the top of the page accept for System, if I go to access any of the other modules (or even the Users section) I get a 404 error.

Error: The module modules/userlist/index.php could not be found

I have also attached a screenshot... very odd. Thanks for your attention.

Esposed. http://forum.elastix.org/old_files/Screen_shot_2011_01_24_at_9.zip