Does not see hard disk?!?

Discussion in 'General' started by nostromo, Jun 23, 2008.

1. nostromo

Hi there, I'm trying to install Elastix 1.0.1-28abr2008 for the first time but it seems that it doesn't recognize my WD hard drive. I tried advanced installation and in the partition menu
    no drives are listed. I tried some partitioning program which was able to see the drive but that didn't help too, elastix could not list any drive. Please help me.

My hardware is:
    MBR Biostar TF570 SLI A2+
    AMD 4400+
    1 GB DDR2 Kingston
    HDD Western Digital
    Gigabyte GeForce 8600 GT

2. Bob

Bob

Are you running IDE or SATA Drives???

It is most likely that the driver for your SATA Controller is not in the Centos image that is built into the Elastix ISO, especially if you are using the onboard RAID function.

Suggestions are:

1) Try it with RAID turned off if you have it enabled
    2) Play around with your BIOS Setups in the SATA Controller area. E.g. if it is Auto for SATA Mode, change it to enhanced or combined or other choices that you have there.
    3) - one that is not so palatable, find an old IDE Drive and use it (mainly to confirm that the SATA is your issue) - try an install

Other than that, you only other choice is to grab the disks for Centos 5, install it as a server (without the Xwindows), and then run the Centos to Elastix 1.1 (in the tools in the left hand menu on this Website). However, currently this tool is still using the 1.1 Alpha image, so you might need to wait till next week for them to update the image, most likely when they provide the yum updates for existing 1.0 users.

Otherwise, you may have a little wait till the board is supported by Centos which could be a while if uses a SATA Controller chip that is not all that popular...<br><br>Post edited by: Bob, at: 2008/06/24 02:23

3. nostromo

Thanks for your reply Bob. In the mean time I downloaded the latest stable version of elastix and I managed to install it succesfully, however this one can't see my onboard LAN card.
    Is there a workaround for this issue?
    By the way, I tried elastix in vmware and it looks great but I would like to try it in real with my TDM400.

P.S.
    My motherboard is based on nforce 570 chip.

4. nostromo

I'm having difficulties to bring up my lan card.
    When I issue 'lspci' it gives me:

Code:
    Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8110SC/8169SC Gigabit Ethernet (rev 10)
    The module for this card is r8169 and it exists in kernel 2.6.18-53.1.19.el5, however it doesn't seem to work even if I issue 'service network restart'.
    This module works for my Slackware 12 out of the box.
    Is there something that I'm missing to do?