Does elastix include Asterisk source code!!

sai

Hello,

Does Elastix include Asterisk source code? If I am not wrong asterisk is written in C.

If Elastix includes asterisk source code can I compile code and deploy it if I modify any C file.
Is there any documentation or tutorials anywhere? Where are the source files in the system.

Thanking you.

Patrick_elx

the source are not included in the distribution, however you can download them in the download section or directly at the asterisk.org

sai

Thanks a lot for early reply.

Is it possible that I download source code,modify code, and after compilation can be able integrated with elastix again.Any documentation how to do that.

Thanks.

Patrick_elx

That should be possible, depending on what are the changes you want to do. You can sometimes just get away with only re building the file you need.

For instance, for me I just need to patch the chan_sip.c file to allow magikjack. For that I just download the latest asterisk source, patch the file, make and just copy the chan_sip.so file to my existing running install. No need to do a make install as it would break some other stuff.

sai

Thanks again I will give a try soon.Just a quick question. I have added a line in macro-hangupcall in extensions.conf file to call agi script. Is it possible that this line might be deleted If we change any settings from Elastix web interface.

Thanking you.

Patrick_elx

any changes in the .conf file will be changed by FreePBX after any mods. If you want to do some manual changes, you need to do that in the _custom.conf or override files.
Please search in this forum or in FreePBX forum for more info as it is widely explained.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti