Does Elastix/Asterisk support follow me by person?

Discussion in 'General' started by oshkosh, Aug 2, 2010.

1. oshkosh

I'm switching to Elastix from my hosted PBX. I know elastix/asterisk does follow me but can I do it by certain people?

For example, right now if my condo concierge calls my work # which they have as our buzzer, it sees their caller ID, and it makes my work phone ring, my cell phone and my roomates cell phone ring. If some random person calls me, then only my work phone rings.

I've seen there's follow me in elastix but it seems like it's all or nothing. With my hosted PBX, it has call treatments. So there's standard, at lunch, and gone home. Then in each you get VIPs, Business, Personal and Refuse list. So I have my concierge as a VIP set to ring all phones, and then I literally click "Use standard call treatment".

2. Awesomo

You would have to create an custom inbound route that when it matches the caller id of the concierge, it will "call everyone" and when it doesn't match the concierge's caller id, it will be put through like every other call. You'd make that custom inbound route point to a ring group with all your phones in it.

3. Awesomo

Ugh, This site seems to randomly time out. Then I hit refresh to find I have double posted.