Distributed DialPlan

Discussion in 'General' started by ibitola, Oct 6, 2010.

1. ibitola

Hi,
    Am presently working on deploying Elastix for my organization but i am totally out on how to use and manage the Distributed DialPlan. Is there anyone with a current manual on Elastix?

2. decsei

did you managed to get working the dist.dialplan module?

3. decsei

So, first you need two servers, let's say A and B with the distributed dial plan module installed.
    After the module installation you'll find the configuration under the PBX tab.
    In the module config you have two menus: General Information and Peers Information.

On the server "A"
    1.- PBX -> Disributed DialPlan -> General Info. - fill out the forms with the requested data for serv."A"
    2.- PBX -> Disributed DialPlan -> Peers Info -> new request -> host remote - server "B" IP address!
    (in the comment field write something what you like... :)

After configuring server A, and sending the request, on the server B, you should see a new entry in the Peers info menu such: server A ip address, waiting for response , connected etc.)

From here I think you can figure out the next steps. :D

4. izrunas

How do I get the requesting server to send its external/public IP or its resolvable domain name instead of its local network IP?

What ports are involved in this process and what protocol will the servers be using to connect? Is this creating an IAX2 peerage trunk?

5. decsei

1.The distributed dial plan module uses the DUNDI system. For additional configuration you may try to edit the dundi specific config files in the /etc/asterisk dir. I think you cannot use the domain name instead of IP. I've tried and doesn't worked for me.

2.The dundi connection uses the 4520 port number.

6. izrunas

I saw the various dundi files in /etc/asterisk. But won't they be overwritten by Elastix? Or does Elastix pull its own data from those files instead of from a database like FreePBX?

7. decsei

yes, the settings are stored in an sqlite db file named "elastixconnection.db" placed in ../www/db directory. you can edit this file with an sqlite browser as you need. after the modifications don't
    forget to restart the httpd sevice.