display name change & call forwarding

hawaiian

Hi all,

I am a newbie about voip phone system. My new company is using Elastix 1.6-12 for the phone system. I've been struggling to do the followings by reading some manuals with no luck. Any help in this matter would be much appreciated.

1. I've changed user's display name at PABX->PABX Config->Extensions and saved the change.
I see the name updated on it but user's phone still shows old name although I've plugged out network cable and put it back again.

2. I would like to set up a reception phone to be automatically forwarded to 5 others phones at the same time. (when a reception doesn't answer or on the phone, the call needs to be forwarded other 5 phones at the same time)

Thank you.

CK

dicko

Welcome here hawaiian:

If you want to hula, then:

The answer to 1. would be a question, "how do your phones get their provisioning?", the phone itself has to know what to do ;)

The answer to 2. would be first read "Elastix without Tears" (twice or more if necessary) and then possibly use a properly set up queue with the receptionist in it as the sole "static agent", then failing over to a "Ring Group" of your backup answerers.

dicko

fmvillares

Re: Re:display name change & call forwarding

+1 to dick, other good book is asterisk the future of telephony and www.voip-info.org web page

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti