disabling ## in-call blind transfer

franklin

strange thing. I disabled ## for in-call blind transer in general settings and # for directory. Now, if you are on a call and hit # it takes you to the transfer message. Pressing * returns you. interesting behavior. Enabling ## allows you to use # again on its own for bypassing VM messages and such.

fmvillares

do you have upgraded freepbx modules? it could be a simple bug

franklin

2.5.2.2 FreePBX. My system shows me there are 4 modules available for online upgrade. Checking into this now.

franklin

I am hesitant to do anything but a yum update elastix-* based on advice here.

Okay to Download all Upgrade all?

Core setup 2.5.2.1 Online upgrade available (2.5.2.7)
FreePBX Framework setup 2.5.2.2 Online upgrade available (2.5.2.5)
Caller ID Lookup setup 2.5.0.6 Online upgrade available (2.5.0.7)
IVR setup 2.5.20.7 Online upgrade available (2.5.20.8)
Music on Hold setup 2.5.1.4 Online upgrade available (2.5.1.5)
Recordings setup 3.3.8.10 Online upgrade available (3.3.8.13)
Custom Applications tool 2.5.0.5 Online upgrade available (2.5.0.6)
Phonebook tool 2.5.0.3 Online upgrade available (2.5.0.4)
SIPSTATION setup Not Installed (Available online: 2.6.0.7)

fmvillares

ok forget it as you are in 2009 2.5 freepbx...actual one is 2.8 and almost in 2.9...and that versions does not get maintained anymore....so you re on your own...upgrade or die jeje just a joke but seriously do u know that with those versions anyone could enter as admin in your system?...send to me your server´s address to my hotmail and i could show you how insecure are those versions

franklin

Went ahead last night and upgraded. Up to 2.7.0.9 I read dicko say Elastix did not like you to go to 2.8.

Strange thing, many of the modules have double writing. Below is a paste of two, but the double text does not show up on the paste. It's like there is another word superimposed over Core and Feature Code Admin. It looks like the word Free PBX. Module is imposed over Publisher at the top, too:

Core 2.7.0.12 FreePBX Enabled

Feature Code Admin 2.7.0.0 FreePBX Enabled

Okay to go to 2.8?

fmvillares

Re: Re:disabling ## in-call blind transfer

dick is really far more conservative than me always as he is one of the guys from the really old skool telephony world and shit .....he knows about it!!!!!so its up to you i guess...
im in the dark side of state of the art always as i use encryption tls ald all that fancy stuff that freepbx 2.9 and asterisk 1.8 has...
so...its simple...get a virtualbox machine to test or an old pc to destroy and test as you like any combination of versions to suit your actual necessities..its the best way to learn.

dicko

jeje

These fora are for supporting Elastix Users, so I normally post with that in mind, and with regard to the apparent need for many to "up-date" every Tuesday (wonder where that thinking comes from :) ) and thus often break, adequately working systems. I would like to see a more participative and inclusive attitude from PaloSanto, but apparently that's not going to happen "any time soon" and I doubt that many if any from there will ever even stumble on this post, we'll see . . .

Actually I normally start with an image I based on Elastix 1.6 32bit (for it's stability, few need 64bits, even if they think they do) I don't use the embedded FreePBX so happily use FreePBX 2.8 and ARI, dahdi latest, patched for Redfones, and with Rhino and Sangoma drivers added, Asterisk 1.8 recently, I never bothered with 1.6. If you go that route, then you should seriously investigate the extension over-rides that Elastix does, as I really don't agree with the philosophy and use the userfield for something else. FreePBX 2.9 is nearly ready for prime-time but will REALLY break much of any of the Elastix interface you use. I then disable the Elastix repos.

Add corosync, drbd, mondoarchive, rsync, csf, fail2ban, avantfax, rkhunter, XFCE4, firefox, webmin and a few other bits and pieces for off-site backups and on site maintenance, chkconfig off all the normally unnecessary services keep the runlevel at 3, add a regularly updated bootable local USB image script, I have a relatively secure and clone-able system that covers most needs.

regards from "The conservative old fart"

fmvillares

jeje you are conservative but as i said...shit...or damn you know about that fu...ing stuff men...jeje we are the rebels dick!!! i need to test some of the stuff you add in your servers...as mondoarchive rkhunter and those security apps....see ya in action dick
regards from the "oh shit i fucked up my production install at 13 PM rush hour young fart"

franklin

You're nearly to a centennial, dicko. Thanks for all your support. Hopefully you've found someone worthy to share your life after Ramon's rebuff.

fmvillares

what i ve miseed about my friend ramoncio

franklin

I'm not sure there's anything you missed about Ramon. But someone else we know may be batting the other way. Bring back the jailhouse avatar!

fmvillares

what is to bat the other way here?? jeje

franklin

was only for you and me to see.

fmvillares

then send a private to my hotmail jeje is on my profile to explain in details whts going on!!!

franklin

Nothing going on. Just a joke that someone made. Just having fun. Hoping the sense of humor of party on the other end is in check. Don't want to piss that one off. Flipper or no.

fmvillares

jeje the other guy that makes the joke begins with D??? jaja

franklin

d. He gets testy if you disrespect case. go through my installing Avantfax 3.3.3 post. Silly, really. But you have to have some fun here.

fmvillares

jeej finlally get it ...marry me says...jeje

franklin

si mon.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member