Disable outgoing calls for a group of extensions

ivancp

Hello all,

Is there an easy way via web interface or *_custom.conf to disable outgoing calls to trunk (local calls to extensions are allowed) for some phones? (they should receive calls from trunk without limits)?
Modified question: can they be allowed to call only numbers from some whitelist? I have seen "Blacklist" option in Unembedded FreePBX, but I think it blacklists some number which everyone can't call.

Patrick_elx

If you search in this forum you will see that you have different options to do it. There even was a similar question less than a week ago.

One of the answers is to use custom context; check the related chapter in Elastix Without Tears (in the download section).

Bob

Rob Thomas recently wrote a custom module for Freepbx (downloadable at Freepbx) that handles outbound permissions, without the complexity of the custom contexts.

Read this for more information
http://www.freepbx.org/support/document ... permission

Just a couple of notes

* It is a custom module, so it is not directly supported by Freepbx
* It may break on the next release of Freepbx - don't know, but it definitely will break on Freepbx 3.0
* Test it on a non-production server first - it can break a production system if you don't understand it.
* I have implemented it and used it. A client has implemented and used it and found it works well.

Hope this helps

Bob

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knethardsolutions