Disable Extension for Outbound Call

Discussion in 'General' started by snakeapit, Nov 16, 2009.

1. snakeapit

Hi all,

I'm wondering if there other way to disable Extension for outgoing call but able to make internal call? I've tried to use Endpoint Configuration to "UNSET" particular extension, but it won't disable in fact, i can still make outbound and internal call with this extension. If i can't disable from Webmin, can I disable on the phone itself by pressing feature code on the phone to disable it? Please help thanks heaps

2. DaveD

Use the Freepbx custom context module, you can still allow all internal functions but you can set it to block outgoing to external

3. snakeapit

Can you please direct me where is "custom context module" was? I'm stil new with Elastix and Freepbx thanks

4. Patrick_elx

Look in Elastix Without tears (in the download section), there's a chapter on custom context.

That's a module you need to install in your unembeded freepbx (available directly in the module menu in newer freepbx version, or to download manually in releases pre 2.6)

5. snakeapit

Thanks for your information guys, I have load custom context module as well as key lock module, both works like charm.

I think keylock module is what I'm looking for, I can now lock individual phone/extension by pressing *57 or *58 to unlock it. While phone been locked, I cannot make outbound call unless i set a dial pattern to make particular call (eg. emergency call)