Directory problems - elastix 2

Discussion in 'General' started by parker b, Jan 24, 2011.

1. parker b

I am still searching for an answer to this issue:

1. The new phonebook directory does not support first/last name searching
    2. The new phonebook directory does not play back a persons name, it just reads the letters
    3. The new phonebook directory is an endless loop that you can't get out of without hanging up if you don't know a name/extension

Is there a better directory out there? This 'new' directory is completely lacking in the features the old one had... what happened?

Please advise, the new features of 2.0 are great EXCEPT this

2. rafael

Hi Parker,

The best way to sole this issues is to post the in the Bug Tracker:

http://bugs.elastix.org

Regards,

Rafael

3. parker b

I didn't realize that losing features would be considered a 'bug'. I will post there and update here if I have any success. Thank you.

4. derekivey

I noticed these features were missing too... would be great to see a fix for this...

5. derekivey

I was able to switch my IVR over to the old directory and it works perfectly. I saw a checkbox in the IVR settings "Enable Directory." This checkbox maps # to the builtin Asterisk directory. I couldn't use it because my IVR recording says to press 4 for the directory, so I copied the additional code from that checkbox to my ivr-custom context in /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf and changed # to 4.

Here is what it looks like in /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf:

Code:
    [ivr-3-custom]
    exten => 4,1,Noop(Deleting: ${BLKVM_OVERRIDE} ${DB_DELETE(${BLKVM_OVERRIDE})})
    exten => 4,n,Set(__NODEST=)
    exten => 4,n,Goto(app-directory,#,1)

You'll need to change ivr-3 to match the name of your IVR context (find it in /etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf). I had to leave the # in the Goto(), not sure what it does but it wouldn't work when I changed it to 4 so I guess it is required to be #. The directory works fine though...

The Asterisk directory is superior IMO and I don't understand why they changed to the other one. The ability to search by first or last name and read the voicemail recorded names is a really nice feature.

Derek