Directing detected faxes

Discussion in 'General' started by jlcox, Aug 15, 2010.

1. jlcox

I set up Elastix 1.6 to detect and receive faxes. Client has no dedicated fax line so fax detection is required. Hardware is an Openvox A800P with three FXO and two FXS (both FXS going to seperate fax machines). Fax to email worked flawlessly, however, client didn't like checking his email for faxes and wanted faxes directed to one of the fax machines. I changed the fax forwarding extension to one of the fax machines in the inbound route but the fax calls are not getting forwarded. Is there something special I have to do to get fax detection to send fax traffic to a physical extension vs fax to email?

2. telecomtechnician

Hi there.

Do the following test.

Disable the virtual fax in elastix and verify that the incoming call is actually ringing in the physical fax machine.

Through this test you will know if the call is correctly forwarded to the physical fax machine and the call is not being off hooked by the elastix virtual fax.

David Medina

3. jlcox

I'll try that in the morning and report back. Please forgive me for not looking for that at the Asterisk console; it was a long week. Thank you for the quick response.