Directed pickup?

zeus

Has anyone solve the problem with directed pickup?

app-pickup-custom]
exten => _**.,3,Pickup(${EXTEN:2}@from-did-direct)

this solves the problem partial, meaning that you can use **+ext to pickup a ringing extension, but if the incoming call goes to a ring group **+ext fails.

Feedback is appreciated.

jgutierrez

what I do is to set a call group and pickup group for the extensions that I wish to pickup calls, try editing to extensions and assign them the same call group and pickup group (of course, through the web interface)

and when one of them starts ringing, try to pickup the call with *8 + extension number (in case that you haven't changed it from features.conf)

zeus

*8 feature is working but it is only for group pickup. I need directed pickup because i have phones like gxp-2000 and SPA-921 working with this feature (**ext).

This is an important feature and i wonder all the people who use phones like above, how solve this issue?

Thanks

Zeus, Greece

MarcoR

I have done so:

In "Feature Code" option "Call Pickup (Can be used with GXP-2000)" whe are set the two "*", but from what I understand with Asterisk 1.4 is not working properly, so set *8, remove the checkmark from "Use Default" and save.

Now, in extensions_additional.conf, we should have:

[app-pickup]
include => app-pickup-custom
exten => _*8.,1,Noop(Attempt to Pickup ${EXTEN:2} by ${CALLERID(num)})
exten => _*8.,n,Pickup(${EXTEN:2})
end of [app-pickup]

In extensions_custom.conf, after [from-internal-custom], I wrote:

[app-pickup-custom]
exten => _**.,1,SET(GLOBAL(PICKUPMARK)=${EXTEN:2})
exten => _**.,n,Pickup(${EXTEN:2}@PICKUPMARK)
end of [app-pickup-custom]

Save and restart.

Now I work regularly ** <ext> and consequently the keys of BLF GXP2000 without having to define callgroup and pickupgroup.

zeus

Thank you for your reply. In did i can make directed pick up from incoming call the problem is when the incoming call goes to ring group. Lets say that we have a ring group 600 with ext 200 and 201. If the incoming call goes to ring group and you try **200 or **201 pickup fails. The only way to pick up is **600 or *8 if your ext is in the same group. The problem is that if you have a ring group with 20 ext and at the same time have 2+ incoming calls with **600 or *8 you will probably pickup the firs call in line not the ext that you want to pickup.

This feature is important for installations with ring groups but unfortunately this bug exists a long time without a solution, see http://freepbx.org/trac/ticket/2510.

Once again thanks for your reply.

marthin

Hey hey MarcoR,

Thanks a stack man, you're idea work exactly.

ciao
Marthin

Juanphy

Unfortunately the GLOBAL(PICKUPMARK) solution changes the directed pickup into a group pickup functionality, you can try dialing **9999 or any other extension and you would still pickup the incoming call...

It still kind of fixes the Grandstream compatibility but it's not really a directed pickup.

The good news is that the issue has been solved, including the ring groups, check out this thread: http://freepbx.org/trac/ticket/2510 all the way to the end.

You do have to change some code in functions.inc.php but it seems to be working for me, I could try to attach my functions.inc.php file here so you could take a look but I would rather recommend editing your own file because of the possible differences in freepbx versions. I have FreePBX 2.4.0.0

So tell me if you need to check my functions.inc.php and good luck with the editing...

fozzygomad

Hi Guys, im not sure if this issue has been completely solved but I have an issue with directed pickup not working when a follow me is setup. E.g. Ext 1001 has ext 1002 and 1003 set in a follow me. If a call from PSTN or IAX/SIP trunk comes into 1001, dialling **1001 from any phone on the network fails but works fine if an internal phone 1005 calls 1001 and 1004 dials **1001. If I disable the follow me it works 100% either way. Im going to test it using a ring group instead but follow me is a much nicer feature I feel.

Some advise here would be great.

fozzygomad

Not to worry I figured out my problem. It works 100% when you assign a DID to the extension so my advise when setting up a system is this:

Setup extensions with DID's then make sure you assign a call group and pickup group in the extensions. Add your follow me's as you like and directed pickup will run happily ever after...

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colak