DIGIUM Card At Remote Machine

Discussion in 'General' started by Shuvo, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Shuvo

Hi

I have come to know that its better to use one machine for the internal calls and another for external calls.And also imposing less load to both the PBX with.So I installed the elastix because its better to manage all the issues like billing , user management,calls with the elastix web interface.More over i have also a Asterisk server with DIGIUM card which is running fine as for the internal and external calls.

But as the extensions are growing more (>80) i want to impose lesser burden to Asterisk.So i installed the elastix for the internal calls,billing,user management (not using the DIGIUM card) and want to keep the asterisk (with DIGIUM card) for the external calls.

Asterisk with 10.XX.XX.4 and elastix with 10.XX.XX.3 (Same series) IP.I tried the endpoint scan from the elastix but it shows nothing.

I dont know how to integrate these two machines.Is there any options to do that from the elastix? Pleae help me out.

Shuvo

2. dicko

The endpoint scan is for hardware phones (by MAC address), your other asterisk box won't be detected,

"Elastix without Tears" (in the download section will explain all as to sip/iax2 trunking.)

dicko

3. Shuvo

Hi dicko,

Maybe I need to restate my queries:

1. My elastix box has ip 10.x.x.3. I have 3 sip users - 2 on softphone and 1 on a hardware IP phone - all on the 10.x.x.n subnet. When I do endpoint scan, elastix can't find my IP phone.

2. My previous ASterisk box is 10.x.x.4. It has a digium TDM808P FXO card. Of course, I can put that card in my elastix box, but since I've been told it's better for voice quality to keep the analog module in a separate box, what I'm wondering is, is it possible for elastix to reach the TDM in my asterisk box and make PSTN calls through it (incoming and outgoing)? Maybe there could be an option to assign a ip or make some sort of iax/zap interfacing between the two boxes. Or else, what would you otherwise recommend?

Thanks.

4. dicko

I don't think you needed to restate, but I will elucidate:

It won't find your softphone and only some hardphones.

For the size of your deployment , I seriously question the advice you have been given as to separation.

Yes it is possible to connect two Asterisk boxes together , this is after all Voice Over IP , so we do it with IP (specifically UDP) and IAX2 or SIP (or a couple of other ways)

The second box will definitely work better if you assign it an (IP) address, whether you interconnect the two Asterisk boxes or not. :)

As I said in my previous post I believe all your answers are to be found in the "Elastix Without Tears" document.

dicko