Digium B410P and Digium TDM400P on Elastix

Discussion in 'Gateways' started by yeldcat87, Jul 30, 2009.

1. yeldcat87

Hi there

Can anyone assist me in getting Elastix 1.5.2 working with both cards namely the Digium B410P and TDM400P working in one machine. I have tried to figure it out but just now luck so far, have tried installing drivers from mISDN.org that worked but then the TDM400P card wouldn't work.

I understand one needs to use mISDN drivers for the B410P card and DAHDI for the TDM400P but how does one get them to work together.

Thanks for any help!
    Alan

2. yeldcat87

Never mind guys...

I got it to work :D

If there is anyone else out there that had/has a similiar problem where if you are using both these card and you keep getting "all circuits are busy" the trick is to remove wcb4xxp from the /etc/dahdi/modules file. Then install the mISDN drivers from mISDN.org as per their instructions and finally create a trunk group in your misdn.conf and use it to dial out with a custom dial string like this: mISDN/g:eek:ut/$OUTNUM$

This way the TDM400P uses the DAHDI drivers and the B410P card uses the mISDN. I know Elastix has the mISDN drivers installed but you can't for some reason run the DAHDI and built in mISDN drivers at the same time.

Anyway it worked out after 5hrs of struggling!
    Cheers

3. smagumo

yeldcat87,

I am struggling with installing mISDN manually. I am also running 1.5.2, with Digium B410P and TDM400P and I am following your short notes.

Can you point the exact instructions you followed? I tried Installing mISDN for Asterisk 1.4 from here http://www.misdn.org/index.php/MISDN_with_Asterisk but hesitating to recompile Asterisk.

4. yeldcat87

Hi there

Well I will do my best to try and replicate the steps that I took to get it working but it is hard after so much fiddling around but try follow below and let me know if you still have trouble thereafter.

1.With both cards installed after a clean install of Elastix 1.5.2 at the bash prompt logged in as root pcname@root# type "setup" this should open a page where you will see "System Services" or something like that go there then make sure that dahdi and misdn services are both are enabled.Then quit and go back to the bash prompt and type "vi /etc/dahdi/modules" then uncomment or delete the line "wcb4xxp".This will ensure that Dahdi does not try and load the dahdi driver for the B410P card.It may even work at this stage but I suggest installing the latest mISDN drivers so continue as below.

2.After the above restart the machine and make sure the TDM400P card is working which it should at this point and then follow the steps from the bash prompt to install the mISDN drivers for the B410P card.

wget http://www.misdn.org/downloads/releases ... 9.1.tar.gz
    wget http://www.misdn.org/downloads/releases ... 9.1.tar.gz
    tar xfz mISDN-1_1_9.1.tar.gz
    tar xfz mISDNuser-1_1_9.1.tar.gz
    cd mISDN-1_1_9.1
    make install
    cd mISDNuser-1_1_9.1
    make install

3.Then run the following commands to load the driver and create the default config files:

misdn-init scan
    misdn-init config
    misdn-init start

4.Then add the drivers to automatically start up every time with the system and you shouldn't have to recompile Asterisk installing mISDN driver like this since the mISDN comes with Elastix, just doesn't work by default ;)

chkconfig --add misdn-init

5.Here is my exact misdn.conf file which is located in /etc/asterisk/ replace the one it generates with this one but perhaps make a backup of the other one first.

--/etc/asterisk/misdn.conf---
    [general]
    debug = 0
    bridging=no
    stop_tone_after_first_digit=yes
    append_digits2exten=yes
    dynamic_crypt=no
    crypt_prefix=**
    crypt_keys=test,muh

[default]
    method=standard
    language=en
    musicclass=default
    senddtmf=yes
    far_alerting=no
    allowed_bearers=all
    nationalprefix=
    internationalprefix=00
    rxgain=0
    txgain=0
    te_choose_channel=no
    pmp_l1_check=no
    reject_cause=16
    need_more_infos=no
    nttimeout=no
    method=standard
    dialplan=0
    localdialplan=0
    cpndialplan=0
    early_bconnect=yes
    incoming_early_audio=no
    nodialtone=no
    callgroup=1
    pickupgroup=1
    presentation=-1
    screen=-1
    echocancel=yes
    jitterbuffer=4000
    jitterbuffer_upper_threshold=0
    hdlc=no

[out]
    ports=1,2,3,4
    context=from-pstn
    msns=*

6.Then in Elastix create a "Custom Trunk" using the following dial string mISDN/g:eek:ut/$OUTNUM$
    and restart the machine again. Plug in the ISDN line/lines and the LED's on the B410P card should go from blinking red to solid red if all went well. Don't ask why but I thought they were supposed to go green when the line is connected.
    Anyway now your ISDN lines should work depending on where you are e.g Europe or the US you might have to change NT or TE settings as well as ptmp or ptp settings under "/etc/misdn.conf" please note this is another misdn.conf file.

7.So now you should be able to use either trunk zap/g0 (TDM400P) or whatever you have defined it as or use the mISDN/g:eek:ut/$OUTNUM$ trunk (B410P) in your defined Outbound route.

Good luck and if you still have trouble copy the error message and post here so I can maybe help.
    I spent a half a day trying to get this to work so let me know if you come right, thanks!

Regards,
    Alan

5. smagumo

Hi yeldcat87,

The steps worked perfectly!! Thanks! Both cards are now being seem from Asterisk.

After playing around so much on the server, I am now redoing the installation and I am sure it will go well again.

6. newnet82

Hi,

I follow each step of your solution (I have only a B410P with 2 T0) but I have again a "Busy line" message in outgoing.

What I see in the console :

-- Executing [s@macro-dialout-trunk:26] Dial("SIP/301-087ab310", "misdn/g:eek:ut/0XXXXXXXXX/:s:e128|300|") in new stack
    P[ 0] --> Group Call group: out
    P[ 1] Group [out] Port [1]
    P[ 2] Group [out] Port [2]
    P[ 3] Group [out] Port [3]
    P[ 4] Group [out] Port [4]
    == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)
    -- Executing [s@macro-dialout-trunk:27] Goto("SIP/301-087ab310", "s-CHANUNAVAIL|1") in new stack

Can you help me ?

7. newnet82

I solved my problem It was an operator error.
    Your solution is running fine.
    Thx

8. ezy

ezy