Digitizing Faxes

Patsmatrix

First off I am new to VoIP, and telephony servers in general. My client is a small business owner, 20 computer network, and 2 phone lines. As a solution to his question of digitizing faxes a salesman hooked him up with the Rhino Ceros 1U telephony server. I've been looking into how one is used, but to my knowledge all this does is handle lots and lots of phones, and virtual faxes. Is there a way to hook up this machine to a fax and another computer and get it to digitize faxes?

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

dwells

WOW! That's a heck of an appliance to handle 2 phone lines...You would have been better off getting a $400 dell with 2 $30 X100P's...(and Elastix) since it has everything you're looking for!!!

anyways, this appliance comes with a digital sangoma card, and TB 2.2 (unless you specified Elastix install at time of purchase!)
With TB there are settings for nVfax detect, that you should look into. This will detect whether it's a voice call or fax call. In general setting set the email for the system faxes to go to. It will convert to PDF and Voila!
(Since AAH 1.2.3 this has been flakey) unless things have change since that, but I doubt it. I recommend installing IAXModem + Hylafax for digitizing faxes to an email address, for example. Search google for one of many setup tutorials.

does that help?
-dwellsy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marouen