Digit Addition by Extension or Context

Discussion in 'General' started by gbonebrake, Oct 8, 2009.

1. gbonebrake

I'm looking for a way to allow certain groups of extensions to dial 7 digits and have their local 3 digit area code prepended to the dialed numbers. I have done this in the past with a Trunk rule and that works fine for one area code, but now I have an instance where I need three different area codes prepended depending on what extension the number was dialed from.

I had hoped to accomplish this with the custom context module and outboudn routes, but it appears you cannot do digit addition in an outboudn route, only a trunk.

Any other thoughts on this? I'm using Polycom phones, perhaps I can prepend numbers in the Polycom dialplan?

Thanks-

Greg

2. gbonebrake

Well, found a Polycom specific way around this for now. Created location specific config files and added them to the configuration chain for the different groups of phones. Here is an example digitmap that will prepend the local area code when a 7 digit number is dialed. Using the default 3 second timeout.

Location 1:
    <digitmap dialplan.digitmap="[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T [0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|RR1R[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|RR1913RxxxxxxxT|[2-9]xxxT|*xx" />
    Location 2:
    <digitmap dialplan.digitmap="[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T [0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|RR1R[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|RR1613RxxxxxxxT|[2-9]xxxT|*xx" />

If anyone else has a solution that would work for devices other than Polycom I would be interested in seeing those as well.

Thanks -

Greg