digi multimodem AccelePort RAS 8

Discussion in 'General' started by smsadmin, Mar 28, 2009.

1. smsadmin

Does anybody ahve a way to configure a digi multimodem AccelePort RAS 8 with the elastix system ?

Y a t-il quelqu'un qui a une solution pour interfacer digi multimodem AccelePort RAS 8 avec elastix. ?

2. dicko

Unfortunately your hardware is a modem device (data not voice) and cannot be used with Elastix (except perhaps as a "network" interface).

3. smsadmin

can it be use for hylafax ?

4. dicko

Why not, the manufacturer has drivers up to RHEL 4 (Centos 4) or any number of other distributions.
    Add Hylafax (or HYLAFAX+, which I prefer) and Avantfax and you will have a functional 8 port fax server with a pretty face.

Good Luck, and I hope we see you back here when and if you need VOIP.

5. dicko

I read your profile, "mes excuses", if the centos 4 driver installs and works for centos 5 then just use the right device in avantfax and it should be good.

Bon chance

6. smsadmin

does anybody know how i could introduce a dilaing rule in hylafax that would only dial
    1-8xx-xxx-xxxx numbers ?

7. dicko

start with
    man dialrules
    from bash (if you have a full hylafax installed)

the trick being to reduce any non matching string to a null string and thus deny dialing at all

maybe resort to
    custom-contexts in FreePBX

(but that would still make the call, only to be denied, but maybe more understandable?. it would however fill up your logs and use system resources unnecessarily)