Differing outbound call results - On hook/Off hook

Discussion in 'General' started by sskiba, Sep 11, 2008.

1. sskiba

Hi,

We're getting differing results on outbound calls depending on whether the phone is on hook or off hook.

We have created 2 trunks & each needs to display a different number on outbound calls. We're requiring trunk #1 to use 9+1+ prefix + 7digit number. Trunk #2 uses 8+1+ prefix + 7digit number. They both work great as long as the receiver is left on the hook & you hit dial. As soon as we try it with the phone off the hook the last 2 digits get cut off & we get a message that states "Your call cannot be completed as dialed".

Any ideas on how we can get the phones to behave the same way so that we can dial long distance on hook & off hook successfully? Another request is that they'd like it to dial automatically once the number is completely entered. They don't want to have to push "Dial".

We're using Polycom phones.

At the End Point configuration under SIP we've set up the digitmaps to allow:

[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT

Actually these were all at default. At one point I added 91[2-9]xxxxxxxxx . I got that from an elastix post but I didn't see that it helped anything. (I'm mostly confused by the digitmap information)

We have 2 outbound dial routes set to:

9|.
    9|.XXXNXXXXXX
    9|1NXXNXXXXXX

And

8|.
    8|.XXXNXXXXXX
    8|1NXXNXXXXXX

Is that clear enough for anyone to potentially give us some input on how to move forward?

Thanks, Steve

2. voipnewb

Steve

Here is a copy of my dial rules, I have all my off hook and on hook rules working. We have the following setup in our trunk

Dial Rules
    1|NXXNXXXXXX

Peer Details
    type=peer
    host=(Your IP Address)
    disallow=all
    allow=ulaw
    dtmfmode=inband

Our User Details
    type=peer
    dtmfmode=inband
    context=from-trunk

Our Digimap looks as follows
    <digitmap dialplan.digitmap="[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[*-9]xxxT" dialplan.digitmap.timeOut="3|3|3|3|3|3"/>

This allows us to dial from either on or off hook, internal extensions and VM

3. sskiba

Thanks voipnewb,

My Peer Details & User Details contain all that you mentioned. I tried your Dial Rule & Digitmap suggestions as well but still can't get what we want.

I still can only dial out if I leave the receiver on the hook, dial the full number after I've hit 9 or 8 & then I have to hit the "Dial" soft key. If I pick up the receiver or hit the "Dial" key before dialing it cuts me off.

Any other thoughts? Anybody?

Steve