Different Ring Tone For Internal Calls - How do I

Discussion in 'General' started by MGG, Oct 14, 2010.

1. MGG

MGG

Hi All

I have defined a new ring tone in my Yealink T26 handset.

BUT ...do not know how to get Elastix to access that ring tone for internal extension calls

Can I set up a ring group (or something) if so how would I define an inbound route OR am I right off the track here.

All I want to achieve is have an AUDIO signal (on each extension handset) that the call is comming from an iternal extension.

Any guidance would be much appreciated

2. bull_tpk

Maybe what you can do is name the new ringtone the same as whatever the current ring 1 is say Ring1.wav, that will then become the default??
    Then On your inbound route, set the alert info to <Bellcore-dr2> 2 The "2" will then invoke the second ring wav on the phone on the external phone call.

3. MGG

MGG

Hi bull_tpk

Bob helped me out with the answer today. He said that you have no way of changing the default ring tome for internal extension calls. But you can change the tones in the ring groups. Just change the alert info in the ring group and that changes the tone for all incoming external calls.

However your idea is intriguing. Thanks

4. bull_tpk

It would be interesting to see if you can upload a ringtone the same as the default. I recently did the Bellcore-dr2 or 3 or 4 on the inbound route on a system where they all had DID's
    Bellore-dr2 will play the snd ringtone in the phone and so on. It definately works. The phone by default is assigned rintone 1. So I cant see why you cant get the mac file to make yor custom ringtone the default as well, then let alert tone do the external call. I will often use another ringtone again for callers that have come in on the main number via a queue, so that everyone knows that is a call to the main number, so then if they are using call pickup to answer that call, they can answer it correctly..

5. aisha

Re: Re:Different Ring Tone For Internal Calls - How do I

hi, i'm trying to do this to, so what i have to do is a group of internal extensions? and assign to this group another ring tone?

thnx in advance >.<