Dialplan customization in Elastix 2.0.3

Discussion in 'General' started by ahmadmasoood, Dec 31, 2010.

1. ahmadmasoood

Hi..

can anyone please tell me how i can make custome dialplan with IVR .... there are 4 r 5 files of EXTENSIONS.conf (with different name)... in which file i can add my custome dialplan....

please tell me in step by step coz i m new user in elastix....
    if any one have a screen shots, plz share it to me....

2. dicko

Welcome ahmadmasoood:

They should be added into

/etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf

but only after fully digesting how dial-plans work (start with http://voip-info.org , then familiarize yourself with how FreePBX extends them http://freepbx.org )

Sorry but there is no step by step instruction possible, it will take some R'ing of TFM's , The First FM to read is "Elastix Without Tears" in the product Information/Manuals link above

dicko

3. ahmadmasoood

thanks for the answer...

by default asterisk read all dialplan from extension.conf file... if i add any new dialplan with new Context "[temp]" in "extensions_custom.conf" file then how extension.conf can execute that specfic dialplan in extensions_custom.conf.

should i wirte any reference of that specfic dialplan in extensions.conf? and also tell me that is any specfic place in extensions_custom.conf. where i write the my own dialplan

suppose this is a dialplan
    [temp]
    exten => _7!,1,Answer()
    exten => 7,2,SayDigits(12345)
    exten => 7,3,Hangup()

no what i can do???

4. dicko

my answer included the critical

but only after fully digesting how dial-plans work (start with voip-info.org , then familiarize yourself with how FreePBX extends them freepbx.org )

you have as yet neglected that advise , when you care to do that, all will become clear to you.

Also please consider this as an answer to your other recent posts, you really have to do your homework before asking such questions or risk being ignored.

dicko