dialparties.agi: Permission denied

Discussion in 'General' started by eNoisy, Dec 1, 2010.

1. eNoisy

Hi everyone!

Every time I do a change to this system (which runs Elastix 2.0), the permissions for this file - which i have to set to 755 in order to be able to call between extensions and use an iax trunk - get reset.

I'm not sure what's causing it, would be good if someone could point me to the right direction. The information about this problem is not much either.
    So far I've just found the information below.

TIA
    Juan

" ...on the asterisk CLI it shows something like this"/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/dialparties.agi': Permission denied"

Thus, you should change the permission manually of this file. Under that directory, run: chmod 777 dialparties.agi. After this modification, it would be called inside outside smoothly.But it seems that it will be changed back again when you restart asterisk or reboot the system. So, this is a bug of this version of elastix.
    We have informed the elastix mailling list and hoped they can solve or patch it."
    http://www.openvox.cn/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=1081

2. eNoisy

I found someone's suggestion to run a yum update. Ran it and apparently solved the permission issue permanently.

Any ideas of why did it solve it.

Thanks!