Dialing Codes

Discussion in 'General' started by inktectech, Nov 2, 2010.

1. inktectech

Hi

I have an existing PABX system in place that I want to replace with Elastix. Now in the other system we had to dial *(personal code)0(then the number you wanted to dial) eg. *7255 0 3959938. I read With Out Tears and it talks about dialing plans to different trunks. What I want to do is the same as the existing system.

How can I do this?

2. jgutierrez

Yes, it can be done as you want to, in my opinion, it will be easir to do it directly without using any code. Anyways, take a look at outbound routes and dialing patterns on Elastix Without Tears

3. inktectech

I realized I didn't explain myself properly.

The reason I want to do this is so that my boss can monitor who is calling what number. You see in the other system the codes are associated with our names so we can dial using our code from any extension and the system show the number we dialed.

Is there a way to associate these codes with users and how?

4. Lee Sharp

This functionality is not built in to Elastix, so you are hacking it together. The easy way is to make a different outbound route for each user, and it is called by their code. Then you can do reports by code. Make sure you have a workaround for 911 (or whatever the emergency code is for you) or bad things could happen.

5. fraggle4

If I understand correctly what you need, in Freepbx set up a Pin Set with codes for each user. Check the "record in CDR" tickbox. Then in your Outbound Route(s), select this Pin Set.
    In the elastix cdr, the pins used should show up under the "Account Code" column.

This is a global setting, if you need some extensions not to have this feature,I think the easiest way to do it would be to duplicate the outbound routes without the pin list selected then use the Custom Contexts module to selectively allow availability to these routes by extension.

6. pucky900

The PBX it's self will keep track of all calls through the system by pulling a report.... The source, caller ID, destination, duration, etc. Using the extension number of the person, you can track of both inbound and outbound calls, length, date. To me, it seems like an extra burden to place on employees when it can be monitored in the background.

I will monitor this ensuring that there is no unusual activity on my system, ie phone hacked.

7. pucky900

The PBX it's self will keep track of all calls through the system by pulling a report.... The source, caller ID, destination, duration, etc. Using the extension number of the person, you can track of both inbound and outbound calls, length, date. To me, it seems like an extra burden to place on employees when it can be monitored in the background.

I will monitor this ensuring that there is no unusual activity on my system, ie phone hacked.

8. inktectech

Thank you fraggle4 that is exactly what I need, tested it out yesterday and it worked 100% was able to monitor who called what number. Perfect.

9. inktectech

Just got an additional question.

Is there anyway of changing the pin prompt when dialing because the "Please enter your password" every time you dial is getting annoying.

10. haramarcuse

Yes, phone systems today like virtual PBX has this call logging feature that keep records of every transactions made. Call and message records are accessible online.

11. fraggle4

You can try this as a quick fix.
    Rename the var\lib\asterisk\sounds\agent-pass.gsm (or .wav or whatever) file to something else.
    Make a copy of beep.gsm and rename it to agent-pass.gsm
    I found the beep much less irritating.
    Or you can make your own prompt from scratch.....