Dial Plan for Generic IP Phones

mikedmr

Hi All,

I'm still new to elastix up to now, and i have been playing around with it for the past weeks.
Right now i am experimenting with second dial tones when placing a call to outside trunk lines via PSTN.
I'm using Elastix ver. 1.6 with a TDM400 card. I made all changes in the chan_dahdi.conf and dahdi_channels.conf.
So far i have success in setting out the dial plans using SPA2102 with a help from a friend. After I press "0" I get a dial tone immediately to make an outside PSTN call.

My question now is that how do I do this thing with a generic IP phone i bought off the web. It doesn't have a dial plan option like what we see on linksys brands. But it has a sort of a digital Rule table. I don't know what it means.

So can you like program elastix to do this?

Mike

aerodesliza

You don't need to set rules in the phone to make outgoing call, that's why you have to set a Outgoing prefix in elastix like "9". Go to Outbound route --> Add route--> Dial Patterns: 9. Almost of the time you don't need to set a Dialplan in the phone, if you need to just add some option to accept all number. That's it!.

regard

mikedmr

Actually, what i wanted is for the server side (elastix) to give me a second dial tone prior to making outside PSTN calls. I don't have any problems making an outgoing call at all. Maybe there is a way to do this thing using the generic ip phones i mentioned above. For linksys brands IP phones and ATAs, I don't have a problem getting a second dial tone for making outbound PSTN calls. This is tha actual dial plan i inserted in some linksys phone (<9>,xxxxxxxS0). So if i press "9" the phone will give me a second dial tone for outbound calls. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mai Tuyen