Dial Ext and external calls - cut off, no action

Discussion in 'IP Phones' started by Mathiau, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Mathiau

Just curious.

We have polycom 331's, and have 2 issues it seems

1. If you dial a 4 digit ext say 5011, but don't press anything, the phone doesnt do anything, just sits there as if waiting for input, it isnt until you press Dial on the phone does it dial the ext, anyway to just dial as soon as the 4 digits are entered or after a few seconds dial?

2. When dialing out to external numbers ex: 9-1-555-555-5555 , the phone cuts you off about mid way and asks for the password(we have a password to make outgoing calls) Is this a problem with the call strong not being long enough, or the dial pattern in the phone, or in the PBX system?

2. dicko

It sounds like the dialplan on the phones, Polycom has full documentation as to the "how-To's"

In this case you need to have a dialstring that accept's 4 digit extensions (that shouldn't t start with a 9) and 12 digit strings that should. (add 911, operator, feature codes and International to suit)

Mine looks like:

<digitmap dialplan.digitmap="[2-9]xx|0T|011xxx.T|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|*xx|**xxx|*29x" dialplan.digitmap.timeOut="3|3|3|3|3|3"/>

But I use tftp provisioning, 3 digit extensions and don't use the 9 for outside dialing concept. You didn't say how you do yours

3. Mathiau

dial string that is what i was thinking!!! no wonder i couldn't find any reading material, off to search.

we use 9 to get out, all ext are 4 digits

1XXX
    2XXX
    3XXX
    4XXX

on an outbound trunk

we then have outbound routes of

9|.

and another with

91NXXNXXXXXX
    9[28]XXXXXXX