Dial by name configuration?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mathiau, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Mathiau

checking out some * codes i saw 411 will let you do dial a name directory, our CEO would like to be able to just start typing in a name and the system will find it and allow it to be dialed, where can i configure this?

Also, does it have to use the 411 first, or can it be set to just enter in a name and off you go?

2. Mathiau

i have found this about dial by name and that it relies on voicemail.conf to work properly, it doesnt seem like Elastix has a full gui for this type of configuration so it has to be done via telenet i assume

Code:
    Creating a Dial-by-Name Directory

One last feature of the Asterisk voicemail system we should cover is the dial-by-name directory. This is created with the Directory() application. This application uses the names defined in the mailboxes in voicemail.conf to present the caller with a dial-by-name directory of the users.

Directory() takes up to three arguments: the voicemail context from which to read the names, the optional dialplan context in which to dial the user, and an option string (which is also optional). By default, Directory() searches for the user by last name, but passing the f option forces it to search by first name instead. Let