Detecting Incoming Faxes on IAX2 trunks

JT!

I am having a very hard time configuring incoming fax detection on my elastix 2.0.0.27 rc4 box

in the past i used nvfax to detect and receive faxes on my iax trunk from my voip provider (unlimitel in canada)(i am a former trixbox user)

then there was a period where nvfax wasnt included in any distros because of some kind of issues

____

i have 2 iax trunks and am unable to get incoming fax detection working.

1. i set up a dedicated fax extension and can send faxes from it.
2. inbound routes from DID's dont detect and route the fax to my fax extension/ and email.
3. i have read elastix without tears but it hasnt helped me.
4. i dont really care about sending faxes, its receiving them that matters.
5 it works if i dedicate a DID for incoming faxes
_____

what i am asking for is a howto setup a simple incoming fax2email so i can DETECT and receive my faxes on my primary voice DID

please dont flame me. my skills are not that of you gurus. i just need to be pointed in the right direction.

thanks!

DaveD

NVFax is has not been compiled at this stage for Elastix 2.0 , unless someone has done it and just not posted the files.

I would love to see NVFax included in Elastix 2 release, I tested Digium's fax in Elastix 2 and was not happy with the results compared to NVFax

JT!

I tried following instructions to add nvfax to my previous elastix 1.6 system with no luck.

someone had compiled and provided the files on a board somewhere (maybe this one)

what are the politics involved with adding nvfax to elastix 2.0 ?
it would be perfect for me.

DaveD

What version did you try to add the NVFax files to ?

I compiled the 64bit version and they work perfect,have also used 32bit version with no issues

JT!

i just tracked down where i got the original files from for my elastix 1.6 64bit......

seems they were compiled by a guy named "DaveD" - go figure. ;)

where would i get a 32bit version of these files?
and will they work with 2.0.0.27 (rc4)?

seems like youre the go-to guy for this.

Thanks.

DaveD

The 32bit files are on the forums somewhere ,I don't think they were made a sticky like the 64bit.Use the search function might find them

Or if you can't find them I can email them as a rar or zip for you.

The files will not work in Elastix 2.0 ,they have been compiled for asterisk 1.4 branch and Elastix 2.0 uses asterisk 1.6 branch.

Also I would not be using Elastix 2.0 in production yet( to many issues not resolved ) install Elastix 1.6 and do yum update to bring it up to date, 1.6.2-7 is latest

Dave

JT!

will there be a version available for elastix 2.0 ?

i have given up on trixbox 2 years ago and would like to stay with elastix.....

DaveD

JT!

thanks! now to figure out what to do with this .gz file.....

do i copy it to a specific folder or must i compile it? or both?

sorry for n00b questions.

zonak

Hi DaveD,

Thanks for sharing these files.

I assume that the .so version is the precompiled version for Asterisk 1.4 and the .c can be used to compile them for 1.6.

Care to share some details on how to proceed with the .c file and compile the necessary module for Elastix 2.0 / Asterisk 1.6?

Thanks,
zonak

t0lik

I would join the request for .co files :) i have no idea how to compile in linux :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti