Detect Hardware not working?

Discussion in 'General' started by mark1832, Feb 8, 2008.

1. mark1832

Hi There,
    I am a UK student and to help my finance i decided to help a small friend business to set up a voip PBX.
    I bought elastix 0.9.2 and installed seamlessy on a stand alone pc, but cannot detect a pstn phone line and 2 hardwired telephone to our Openvox A1200P with 3 FXS and 5 FXO modules.
    I can hear the phone connected as if i press the button the tone can be heard but there is no dialling tone... So to start with i would like to make a telephone call from the hardwired telephone outside using the PSTN line.

Can anybody help me out please?

Simply why i do not have dial tone on my analougues telephones? I am sure that the cable from the pstn socket has dial tone ... i am sure 100% !!

Please see attached pics... what should i see in the hardware Detection elastix gui windows? i expect 2 fxs connected and also 1 pstn fxo connected.

Please download pictures from my web space . NO VIRUSES i promise are JPG files only
    www.passerini.info/tobedeleted/hardwaredetection.zip<br><br>Post edited by: mark1832, at: 2008/02/09 05:20

2. mark1832

I had to pay support for 2 hours.... in the end there is a bug in the hardware detection button as it screw up all my FXS in the zapata channell... the support solved with one command only AMPORTAL RESTART. but try this.

29 lszaptel
    30 ll
    31 ll | grep zapata
    32 vim zapata_additional.conf
    33 vim zapata.conf
    34 ll | grep zapata_add
    35 vim zapata.conf
    36 asterisk -r
    37 lszaptel
    38 asterisk -r
    39 amportal stop
    40 asterisk -r